Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on October 13, 2021, 08:33:13 AM
Ah, that explain's the sudden upswing in Iceland's GDP...  ;D

:P

ritter

Exploring more Luis de Pablo...

vandermolen

Bliss: The Lady of Shalott, March of Homage in Honour of a Great Man (Churchill) etc.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Dry Brett Kavanaugh

Memoir by Antal Dorati. I am so excited to read it.

TheGSMoeller

SonicMan46

Beethoven, LV - Piano Pieces w/ Tobias Koch on period instruments doing the non-Sonata piano music of Beethoven - I own none of these works (in my collection, 4 performances of the Piano Sonatas and 2 of the Diabelli Variations, nothing else on solo keyboard) - 3 CD set at a decent price on Amazon USA; decided to purchase after reading the Fanfare review attached.  Dave :)

Que

Quote from: SonicMan46 on October 16, 2021, 11:16:29 AM
Beethoven, LV - Piano Pieces w/ Tobias Koch on period instruments doing the non-Sonata piano music of Beethoven - I own none of these works (in my collection, 4 performances of the Piano Sonatas and 2 of the Diabelli Variations, nothing else on solo keyboard) - 3 CD set at a decent price on Amazon USA; decided to purchase after reading the Fanfare review attached.  Dave :)

That has been on my shopping list forever.... for some reason never got to it...  ::)

Will be eager to hear your impressions! :)

Daverz

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Just bought via JPC:

Symphonic Addict

The ballet music CD (Bric à brac, Sextuor) is good fun, John. One of my favorite Tansman CDs. I hope you'll enjoy it very much too.
Part of the tragedy of the Palestinians is that they have essentially no international support for a good reason: they've no wealth, they've no power, so they've no rights.

Noam Chomsky

Mirror Image

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 19, 2021, 09:47:48 AM
The ballet music CD (Bric à brac, Sextuor) is good fun, John. One of my favorite Tansman CDs. I hope you'll enjoy it very much too.

Excellent to read, Cesar. I heard a little bit of Bric à brac and rather enjoyed it.

Brian

Quote from: Symphonic Addict on October 19, 2021, 09:47:48 AM
Same and also the violin/piano disc, which I wrote a little about here.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Brian on October 19, 2021, 10:55:41 AM
Same and also the violin/piano disc, which I wrote a little about here.

Cool, Brian. 8) I listened to some of the violin/piano Naxos recording earlier and enjoyed what I heard.

premont

Quote from: Que on October 16, 2021, 11:02:10 PM
That has been on my shopping list forever.... for some reason never got to it...  ::)

Will be eager to hear your impressions! :)

Forever? So now it's since long the time to acquire it or delete it from your shopping list.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

T. D.

JBS

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Mirror Image

Added more MacMillan to my collection: