Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madiel

Quote from: Florestan on December 08, 2021, 03:18:50 AM
Congrats!  :)

Thanks. Actual legalities to be dealt with on Friday morning, but my offer has been accepted. A completely terrifying amount of money will be involved. Viable because I have an existing house to sell.

Also... I have apparently committed to spending the rest of my life spelling out a French street name that no-one here will ever be able to pronounce.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on December 08, 2021, 03:25:06 AM
Thanks. Actual legalities to be dealt with on Friday morning, but my offer has been accepted. A completely terrifying amount of money will be involved. Viable because I have an existing house to sell.

Also... I have apparently committed to spending the rest of my life spelling out a French street name that no-one here will ever be able to pronounce.

Congrats !... and, true to yourself, how many different recordings versions of this house did you sample before buying this one ?  :laugh:

you chose that house on 7 Debussy's Corner on purpose didn't you ?!?!  :P

Olivier

Madiel

Quote from: Papy Oli on December 08, 2021, 03:38:04 AM
Congrats !... and, true to yourself, how many different recordings versions of this house did you sample before buying this one ?  :laugh:

you chose that house on 7 Debussy's Corner on purpose didn't you ?!?!  :P

No joke, this was the 2nd version of the same house.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I had already been outbid on the same floorplan, same builders, same year, different part of Canberra. The only difference is where the garage is attached and consequently a couple of window changes. This one is actually fractionally better for housing the baby grand piano, which was one of the goals.

But it was certainly startling when I went to the first inspection. Gradual realisation that I already knew I liked this house because I'd already tried to buy it a month earlier.

Also... the house number is indeed 7.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

Nice one  :)

(and that was a random guess !)
Olivier

MusicTurner

Quote from: Madiel on December 08, 2021, 03:17:03 AM
A house.

;D

Big congrats ! A lot of us could no doubt use one, economy allowing ...

prémont

A house.

;D

:)

Tillykke med købet, som du forhåbentlig bliver tilfreds med - også på den lange bane.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Madiel

Quote from: (: premont :) on December 08, 2021, 06:41:51 AM
:)

Tillykke med købet, som du forhåbentlig bliver tilfreds med - også på den lange bane.

I needed some software translation for part of that because I'm so tired... men tak!

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Irons

Not for the first time my interest was spiked by a Jeffrey posting. I like the Butterworth 5th Symphony, so the 4th may also appeal. A quick eBay search came up with one for £6.50 with free postage which for a double CD is not bad.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Pohjolas Daughter

A house.

;D
Yippee!  Hope that you enjoy living there and have nice neighbors!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

The new erato

Quote from: Madiel on December 08, 2021, 07:25:16 AM
I needed some software translation for part of that because I'm so tired... men tak!
Congratulations!

And since we're going slightly off-topic, today I signed a contract for a race blue Skoda Enyaq 4x4 electric vehicle. Time to go electric, though sadly long wait times for delivery.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: The new erato on December 08, 2021, 09:05:13 AM
Congratulations!

And since we're going slightly off-topic, today I signed a contract for a race blue Skoda Enyaq 4x4 electric vehicle. Time to go electric, though sadly long wait times for delivery.
Congrats!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

The new erato

Thank you. Mye Ford Focus wagon is getting nearer to the point where maintaining it may become uneconomical (150.000 kms on the clock), and since the incentives for EVs in Norway are large and I really think electrification is strictly necessary, it was time. As I said, delivery will take its sweet time. If the Focus is still working well on delivery of the Skoda, my daughter will get it. She will anyway drive it far less than we do.

prémont

Quote from: The new erato on December 08, 2021, 09:05:13 AM

Gratulerer. Godt å se at du følger strømmen.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

prémont

Quote from: Madiel on December 08, 2021, 07:25:16 AM

Google translate is all you need.

BTW hope you are keeping your Danish alive.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

The new erato

Quote from: (: premont :) on December 08, 2021, 09:43:42 AM
Gratulerer. Godt å se at du følger strømmen.
Yes. Good one btw.  :)

Brian

Quote from: The new erato on December 08, 2021, 09:22:00 AM
Thank you. Mye Ford Focus wagon is getting nearer to the point where maintaining it may become uneconomical (150.000 kms on the clock),

Hey, my Focus is at 140.000 kms and reaching the end of its maintenance life since the transmission control module on Focuses from many vintages were faulty. Congrats on getting something new and better! Now, are you going to custom fit it with a CD player?  ;D

The new erato

I drive stick and havent had that problem. Great little car, driving great. A CD player is not neccessary as you probably know... 😀

André

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on December 08, 2021, 08:14:40 AM
Not for the first time my interest was spiked by a Jeffrey posting. I like the Butterworth 5th Symphony, so the 4th may also appeal. A quick eBay search came up with one for £6.50 with free postage which for a double CD is not bad.
I think that No.4 is terrific Lol and am sure that you'll enjoy it. The ending, especially in the Dutton, version has me on the edge of my seat. It's a rather craggy, windswept, Sibelian work which, to me, reflects the rugged landscape of Northern England where Butterworth came from. I think that it actually quotes from Sibelius's 'Tempest' at one point. I'm not sure, however, that I could listen to Butterworth's recorded autobiographical speech too many times; interesting as it is, I find his voice rather irritating (although he comes across as a very agreeable person).
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).