Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Traverso

Quote from: ritter on June 18, 2022, 09:13:33 AM
I'll know about the feathers once it arrives, but the combination of Messiaen and Aimard is surely going to be a winner. Good day to you, Jan!  :)
Thanks, Andrei. Let's hope for the best...

This is how it looks  :D

TheGSMoeller

Found at local record store.

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

JBS

The price on this has fallen to about $80 US, and I had enough Capital One Rewards to cover it, so I clicked to buy.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

André

Mirror Image

Traverso

Coincidentally, I saw this set today that Andrei bought a few days ago. I couldn't resist this set because of the reasonable price. Of course I immediately shook my wallet but the joy of this release makes up for it.

aligreto

Quote from: Traverso on June 19, 2022, 10:39:27 AM
Coincidentally, I saw this set today that Andrei bought a few days ago. I couldn't resist this set because of the reasonable price. Of course I immediately shook my wallet but the joy of this release makes up for it.

You are a self confessed fan of Boskovsky, Jan. Enjoy it when you eventually receive it.  :)

aligreto

Traverso

Quote from: aligreto on June 19, 2022, 01:13:49 PM
You are a self confessed fan of Boskovsky, Jan. Enjoy it when you eventually receive it.  :)

Hi Fergus, I will have it in a few days and yes,I like  Boskovski.Usely it is very expensive,but again I was very lucky.I'm looking for it for years but bever saw it for an affordable price. :)

Madiel

I've started planning my next set of purchases in earnest, identifying the albums that I've made a solid decision about.

But it feels wrong to pull the trigger. I still haven't listened to around 8 or 9 discs of the purchases I made in December 2020/January 2021. Going out and grabbing the Haydn Mosaiques was bad enough...
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

MusicTurner

Another pile of very cheap items, none of which I had previously, and once again upgrading my lute/guitar collection a bit ...

The Telemann is a supplement to other recordings.

MusicTurner

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on June 18, 2022, 03:18:46 PM
Found at local record store.

Never saw that one before ... nice.

vandermolen

Surprisingly cheap (second-hand)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Just bought:

Both works are great favorites of mine and this CD will also complete my RVW Thomson collection.

Spotted Horses

Relented, and ordered from Presto, after Amazon Global Store boosted their price overnight.

On backorder, alas.
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

Traverso

Quote from: Spotted Horses on June 20, 2022, 10:26:15 AM
Relented, and ordered from Presto, after Amazon Global Store boosted their price overnight.

On backorder, alas.

Congratulations Scarpia ... :)

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on June 21, 2022, 12:32:34 PM

Pounds the table! This has become two of my favorite performances of both concerti. Enjoy!

André