Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Que

Quote from: The new erato on November 03, 2013, 01:24:51 AM
[asin]B00E3D7Y0E[/asin]

Naturally, I would like to hear all about that one! :)

Q

The new erato

Quote from: Que on November 03, 2013, 02:28:00 AM
Naturally, I would like to hear all about that one! :)

Q
I can confirm I intend to listen to it upon arrival.  ;)

Que

Quote from: The new erato on November 03, 2013, 02:33:43 AM
I can confirm I intend to listen to it upon arrival.  ;)

Excellent... 8) Do you have this other Falvetti issue as well? :)

[asin]B005EMNM2W[/asin]

Q

The new erato

No. It had generally very good receptions, but some critics noted an overuse of percussion, so I made other priorities. But with the new issue I decided to dip my toes.

Brian

Quote from: Octave on November 03, 2013, 01:07:21 AM
Wait, are those recordings no good?  I was thinking of getting this collection, but I don't remember any warnings about it.
Don't worry, they are good recordings. Copland conducting Copland is fairly self-recommending, although you won't want to throw away your Bernstein/NYPO, Orpheus CO Appalachian Spring, or Slatkin/Naxos type albums.

Mirror Image

TheGSMoeller

The new erato

The Poulenc disc is great. I recently played it again.

I also ordered these:

[asin]B006LOBZKI[/asin]
[asin]B00595Q6MW[/asin]

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 03, 2013, 10:49:19 AM
That one is amazing. Nice buy.

Yeah, I've seen you mention it before and I like these Poulenc works anyway. Have you heard this Debussy disc?

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Mirror Image on November 03, 2013, 10:52:21 AM
Yeah, I've seen you mention it before and I like these Poulenc works anyway. Have you heard this Debussy disc?

Have not, but I have really liked everything from Immerseel/Anima that I've heard (Schubert, Haydn, Berlioz).

Mirror Image

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on November 03, 2013, 10:58:28 AM
Have not, but I have really liked everything from Immerseel/Anima that I've heard (Schubert, Haydn, Berlioz).

Well from what I've heard of this Debussy disc so far, you'll really enjoy this one, too. The first movement of La Mer is what I sampled and it sounded absolutely fantastic. Such clarity in all of instruments and when that climax towards the end rises up --- it's a thing of pure wonderment.

kyjo

Quote from: The new erato on November 03, 2013, 10:52:07 AM
[asin]B006LOBZKI[/asin]

Pounds the table! I really wish more of Giannini's music was recorded. Are you familiar with this excellent Naxos disc?

[asin]B001LKLKOI[/asin]

The new erato

Nope. It's on one of my lists though.  ;)

kyjo

Artem

Sunday purchase from my favourite used music store.

North Star

From Amazon UK mp, $14 incl. shipping
[asin]B003AO1KYI[/asin]
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Madiel

This just arrived.

[asin]B00000DO2X[/asin]

And I'm thrilled to bits.  It's a 1980s compilation of 1970s performances, I think from when Previn had a TV show. I had it on cassette years ago, and I used to play it to death. I spontaneously decided to see if I could get a CD copy a week or two ago.

Whoever was responsible for the sequencing of this deserves a medal.  Especially for the first half.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Fafner

Quote from: North Star on November 03, 2013, 11:03:47 PM
[asin]B003AO1KYI[/asin]

*pounds the table*

I have those in the Tchaikovsky Edition and they are great!
"Remember Fafner? Remember he built Valhalla? A giant? Well, he's a dragon now. Don't ask me why. Anyway, he's dead."
   --- Anna Russell

Mirror Image

Quote from: North Star on November 03, 2013, 11:03:47 PM
[asin]B003AO1KYI[/asin]

Surprised to see this purchase from you, Karlo, but if you didn't own any of these ballets already, then they are, IMHO, essential acquisitions anyway.