Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

North Star

Quote from: karlhenning on March 17, 2014, 08:23:57 AM
I'm so accustomed to the full ballet, I don't know how I should like a suite taken from The Miraculous Mandarin . . . .
+1. I don't care for the suite from L'Oiseau de feu much either.

A Romeo & Juliet suite I can take, though.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Moonfish

More Dvorak...   ;D ;D

[asin] B00021T5TE[/asin]

Liszt mania...

[asin] B00564WMV0[/asin]

and for my ultimate weakness...

[asin] B00GK7MQ7C[/asin]

"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Moonfish

I decided to invest in the Svetlanov Miaskovsky set.  :) I am thrilled about starting this Russian journey.....  Seems like GMG people were pretty enthusiastic on the Miaskovsky thread!
Ordered it from Germany so it will take at least ten days before it gets here. *sigh* - *looks at the calendar*    :'(

[asin] B000XCTD5S[/asin]
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

DavidW

Quote from: Moonfish on March 17, 2014, 09:45:16 AM
More Dvorak...   ;D ;D

[asin] B00021T5TE[/asin]

Liszt mania...

[asin] B00564WMV0[/asin]

and for my ultimate weakness...

[asin] B00GK7MQ7C[/asin]

You're tempting me Moonfish, you're tempting me!

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on March 17, 2014, 10:20:50 AM
I decided to invest in the Svetlanov Miaskovsky set.  :) I am thrilled about starting this Russian journey.....  Seems like GMG people were pretty enthusiastic on the Miaskovsky thread!
Ordered it from Germany so it will take at least ten days before it gets here. *sigh* - *looks at the calendar*    :'(

[asin] B000XCTD5S[/asin]
Good man!
er fish? 'Good fish!' just doesn't sound like praise.

Mirror Image

Just bought:

I've been reading a lot of about this composer and sampled some of his music. Haven't heard any of his orchestral works from which I just bought, but my next stop after these will be the chamber works, which I've already heard a few works (Violin Sonata No. 2, Cello Sonata).

Mirror Image

Two other Roslavets purchases:

I'm also looking the Ivashkin disc of cello music on Chandos, but it's a bit too high for me right now.

Mirror Image

Moonfish

Listened to Hillary Hahn playing Barber's violin concerto earlier today (wow!) and realized that I really need to fill that huge Barber gap in my collection.  ???

Anna Lappé

Mirror Image

Quote from: Moonfish on March 17, 2014, 02:48:36 PM
Listened to Hillary Hahn playing Barber's violin concerto earlier today (wow!) and realized that I really need to fill that huge Barber gap in my collection.  ???

Don't expect the same kind of fireworks in the Violin Concerto in this Alsop performance. Hahn's performance of Barber's VC is my favorite on record. But a big thumbs up in your direction for buying that set. There is some great music to be found there no question about it.

HIPster

Purchased today via the mp:
[asin]B00000G4UL[/asin]

A price too low to print! :D

Also this Concerto Italiano Two-fer:
[asin]B000067FFU[/asin]
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

Madiel

Quote from: Moonfish on March 17, 2014, 09:45:16 AM
Liszt mania...

[asin] B00564WMV0[/asin]

I believe I have 5/7ths of that set. In French.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Todd

[asin]B009J2VRAM[/asin]
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Mirror Image

Just bought for $5:

This recording is the same exact program as the Poltera recording on BIS. Will be interesting to compare performances. Plus, it's always nice to have another Cello Concerto and Cello Sonata.

Brian

Quote from: Todd on March 17, 2014, 06:54:58 PM
Since you're rounding up all the new Handel Keyboard Suites on Piano sets, I have to ask if Philip Edward Fisher and Danny Driver are on the shopping list.  :P

Todd

Quote from: Brian on March 18, 2014, 04:53:48 AMSince you're rounding up all the new Handel Keyboard Suites on Piano sets, I have to ask if Philip Edward Fisher and Danny Driver are on the shopping list.

No real shopping list yet, though Ragna Schirmer's complete set of suites is on my mind.
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Papy Oli

A couple more for the sub-collections...

Thanks to Moonfish who mentioned the sale on MDT for the boxsets... Amazon did indeed follow suit as well (Via MP at £23.79 compared to the usual £35 for this one)
[asin]B0000CESR7[/asin]

And from Amazon Canada (Around £38 inc carriage) :
[asin]B00005YK81[/asin]

Already on the way :
Olivier

Artem

Ken B

Some Ives

[asin]B00000279N[/asin]