Being in arrears a bit (since June):

* Handel Edition (Brilliant) - Still have not yet received
* Leonard Bernstein Edition - Concertos & Orchestral Works
* Tafelmusik - The Complete Sony Recordings
* David Zinman - Great Symphonies
* Martha Argerich - Complete Deutsche Grammophon Recordings
* Karajan - The Opera Recordings
* Murray Perahia - The First 40 Years
* Philips Original Jackets (I don't know why I waited to pull the trigger on this)
* CPE Bach Edition
* Silvius Leopold Weiss Edition - The Complete London Manuscript
* Karajan 1980s
* Schubert Lieder - Dietrich Fischer Dieskau / Gerald Moore
* Gluck - Great Operas
* Bruckner Symphonies - Eugen Jochem (Warner Classics)
* Bruckner Symphonies - Gunter Wand (RCA)
* Scarlatti - Complete Keyboard Sonatas (Scott Ross)
* Kraus: Symphonies - Volume 1 - 4 (Naxos)
* Stravinsky Conducts Stravinsky Box
* Phase 4 Stereo - Stereo Concert Series
* Pierre Boulez - Maurice Ravel - Orchestral Works
* Bach - Complete Edition
* SEON Box
* Avison, Charles: 12 Concertos, Op.6 (Naxos)
* Avison, Charles: 6 Concertos, Op.3; 8 Concertos, Op.4 (Naxos)
* Avison, Charles: Concerti Grossi Opp.9 & 10
* Avison, Charles: Keyboard Sonatas Opp.5 & 7
* Avison, Charles: Concerti Grossi after Geminiani (Sonatas for Violin & Basso Continuo, Op.1)
* Rameau: Pièces De Clavecin (Brilliant Classics)
* Geminiani: Concerti Grossi (Naxos - 2 CDs)
* Corelli: Concerti Grossi Op. 6. Nos. 1-6 (Naxos)
* Corelli: Concerti Grossi Op. 6 Nos. 7-12 (Naxos)
* Locatelli: Concerti Grossi Op. 1, Nos. 1 - 6 (Naxos)
* Locatelli: Concerti Grossi Op 1, Nos 7-12 (Naxos)
* Manfredini: Concerti Grossi, Op. 3 Nos. 1-12 (Naxos)
It will take you 10 yrs just to get throught these. Congrats.

Todd

The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

SonicMan46

Mozart - Violin Concertos - decided to cull my collection of these works by adding the recordings below - HIP performance w/ Johannes Leertouwer recommended by Andrei in the classical corner thread; and the classic recordings w/ Henryk Szeryng accompanied by the New Philharmonia Orchestra w/ Sir Alexander Gibson - Dave :)

ritter

I thought it might be interesting to explore some of the music presented in the 1936 ISCM Festival in Barcelona, and went for these (all pieces mentioned being new to me):

Rodolfo Halffter's Don Lindo de Almería
[asin]B000675OI0[/asin]
Roberto Gerhard's Ariel
[asin]B000025JGN[/asin]
Carl Ruggles's Sun Treader
[asin]B007C7FFJA[/asin]
Florent Schmitt's Dionysiaques

Mirror Image

Went on a little French music splurge and here are the results:

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on October 10, 2015, 02:24:57 PM
Carl Ruggles's Sun Treader
[asin]B007C7FFJA[/asin]

Very cool set, ritter. 8) Remember the Ives quote? "You God damn sissy...when you hear strong, masculine music like this, get up, and use your ears like a man," (talking about Ruggles' Men and Mountains) ;D I admire his restraint. :P

The new erato

I ordered this well received complete set (3 CDs) on Cedille:

[asin]B00V872H0K[/asin]

OK price on mdt.

SonicMan46

Quote from: The new erato on October 11, 2015, 06:50:49 AM
I ordered this well received complete set (3 CDs) on Cedille:

OK price on mdt.

Will look forward to your comments on this 3-disc set - I have the same Op. 2 works on 3 CDs w/ the Locatelli Trio (pic added above) - will give it a listen today.  Dave :)

ritter

Today, after some sport this morning and a great lunch with my partner and a friend, this somehow fell into my hands during a stroll through downtown Madrid  ;) :

[asin]B013FFSG7U[/asin]
Despite of the duplications (of which there are many in my case), this set was a must for me for what is not duplicated

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 11, 2015, 05:47:21 AM
Went on a little French music splurge and here are the results:

I'm not much of an "ibertian", John, but did find quite a bit to enjoy in Le Chevalier errant
...As for the Hahn disc, I've owned it for many years, and the highlight IMO is the Piano concerto, a charming piece in a succesful recording. I hope you enjoy it!

Quote from: Mirror Image on October 11, 2015, 05:58:59 AM
Very cool set, ritter. 8) Remember the Ives quote? "You God damn sissy...when you hear strong, masculine music like this, get up, and use your ears like a man," (talking about Ruggles' Men and Mountains) ;D I admire his restraint. :P
I didn't know that Ives quote (thanks for that!), and had AFAIK never heard a note of Carl Ruggles  :-[. Reading about the 1936 Barcelona festival, I stumbled on his Sun Treader, and started listening to it on YouTube...I stopped after a couple of minutes, as I found myself thinking "This music seems too good to be sampled like this, on the computer...I want to hear it the proper way"... ;)

Mirror Image

Quote from: ritter on October 11, 2015, 09:57:23 AM
Today, after some sport this morning and a great lunch with my partner and a friend, this somehow fell into my hands during a stroll through downtown Madrid  ;) :

Despite of the duplications (of which there are many in my case), this set was a must for me for what is not duplicated
I'm not much of an "ibertian", John, but did find quite a bit to enjoy in Le Chevalier errant
...As for the Hahn disc, I've owned it for many years, and the highlight IMO is the Piano concerto, a charming piece in a succesful recording. I hope you enjoy it!
I didn't know that Ives quote (thanks for that!), and had AFAIK never heard a note of Ruggles  :-[ . Reading about thta 1936 Barcelona festival, I stumbled on his Sun Treader, and started listening to it on YouTube...I stopped after a couple of minutes, as I found myself thinking "This music seems too good to be sampled like this, on the computer...I want to hear it the proper way"... ;)

Thanks for the feedback, ritter. 8) Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to hearing all of these recordings. Ruggles is definitely a cool composer. I wouldn't listen to his music everyday, but every now and again is certainly acceptable for me. Hope you enjoy that set. Sun-Treader is his most well-known work and has been recorded several times (the MTT/Buffalo performance in that set is excellent). As for Ibert, I have to say I rather like his brand of Neoclassicism. My liking of his music goes back to hearing the Munch/BSO performance of his Escales many years ago and really being thrilled by it. So I bought that recording, the Marco Polo series, and the all Ibert orchestral disc from Dutoit. Oh and that Stravinsky DG set looks mighty fine. I'm still trying to decide if I want it myself and, like you, I have quite a lot of duplication from that set.

Made another little French splurge:

Mirror Image

I could no longer resist the temptation...

The new erato

18 minutes and 8 seconds from trying to decide to having ordered.

Mirror Image

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Bought this mofo for cheap (A$79.95) recently and watched Das Rheingold on Saturday. This thing is awesome, my first Ring on DVD and incidentally the first Ring I ever heard from met opera broadcasts. It's very traditional, uber traditional, which for me can sometimes seem a little bit dull if done too often. My next Ring on DVD will be Barenboim/Kupfer production from Bayreuth I think, although that'll have to wait for a while.

kishnevi

Quote from: ComposerOfAvantGarde on October 11, 2015, 01:30:35 PM
Bought this mofo for cheap (A$79.95) recently and watched Das Rheingold on Saturday. This thing is awesome, my first Ring on DVD and incidentally the first Ring I ever heard from met opera broadcasts. It's very traditional, uber traditional, which for me can sometimes seem a little bit dull if done too often. My next Ring on DVD will be Barenboim/Kupfer production from Bayreuth I think, although that'll have to wait for a while.

From what I have heard about it, it is not quite traditional, albeit not Regietheater.  The earlier Met DVD set, which Levine conducted in toto, from the 80s, is Very Traditional, sounds like you won't enjoy that one.
TD
Barnes and Noble had a coupon that brought this down below Amazon MP price
[asin]B00NVY8V6M[/asin]

ComposerOfAvantGarde

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on October 11, 2015, 04:49:47 PM
From what I have heard about it, it is not quite traditional, albeit not Regietheater.  The earlier Met DVD set, which Levine conducted in toto, from the 80s, is Very Traditional, sounds like you won't enjoy that one

Well, when I say 'traditional' I mean it in comparison to the regietheatre productions, and perhaps even Chereau's production from the 70s/80s. I like how there is a wide variety of productions available for most operas. The Ring probably has less options of traditional/non-regie productions available on DVD in total, so I am glad for the two of the more traditional met productions that are out there. I am more concerned about stage direction, acting, singing and music than how the scenery looks though, and for these reasons I find the excerpts I've seen of Barenboim/Kupfer particularly appealing.

Mirror Image

Bought two more Cras Timpani recordings:

The new erato

I ordered this:

[asin]B013FP4CJQ[/asin]

Good to see repertoire like this recorded.

Mirror Image

This is all David's (sanatonio) fault and erato certainly didn't help matters:

Mirror Image

Quote from: sanantonio on October 12, 2015, 10:47:32 AM
:o

;D

I am confident you both will enjoy!

:)

I'm sure I will. Thanks for your feedback on this set.

Thread duty: