Purchases Today

Started by Dungeon Master, February 24, 2013, 01:39:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aligreto

The fifth in the Naxos "Art of the Baroque Trumpet" set....

GioCar

Just purchased (downloaded) from the Hyperion website (20% off during the Proms)

:)

TheGSMoeller

This should hold me over for a while.

[asin]B0007Y0DCY[/asin] [asin]B00000378X[/asin] [asin]B006O8K4UI[/asin] [asin]B0012L2K9U[/asin]

aligreto

Sumera: Symphonies 1-3 [Jarvi]....

ritter

Something I stumbled on by chance at an AmDE MP seller (it's long OOP), and that I didn't even know existed until now. It immediately sparked my curiosity, as I find Hans Zender a rather interesting composer, and the subject matter, "texts and motives from the life of Saint Simeon Stylites (Acta Sanctorum) and 'Ulysses' by James Joyce" (as described in UE's webpage), seems intriguing, to say the least.

HIPster

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on September 07, 2016, 11:08:49 AM
This should hold me over for a while.

[asin]B00000378X[/asin]

Very nice!

I am only familiar with this version of Angel of Light, but it is a favorite. 

Enjoy! :)
Wise words from Que:

Never waste a good reason for a purchase....  ;)

Mirror Image

Quote from: aligreto on September 07, 2016, 12:06:26 PM
Sumera: Symphonies 1-3 [Jarvi]....

Nice! Sumera's Symphony No. 2 is a particular favorite.

arpeggio

I am a newbie here and could some help.  I was trying to submit a post with an image of the album I just purchased.  I had scanned the album cover into a jpg file on my PC.

kishnevi

Quote from: arpeggio on September 07, 2016, 07:43:28 PM
I am a newbie here and could some help.  I was trying to submit a post with an image of the album I just purchased.  I had scanned the album cover into a jpg file on my PC.

Only subscribers can upload attachments. You can upload it to a image hosting site, and link it from there. Most of us get images from Amazon. You will need to copy the URL of the image and then use the image button  from the BB options shown when you are composing a post.  Alternatively, copy the ASIN number, and use the ASIN option, but not for listings of MP offerings and not for listings which do not have an image provided by Amazon itself.

Spineur

Quote from: arpeggio on September 07, 2016, 07:43:28 PM
alternatively, you can attach the jpg file to your reply, provided the file size is under 0.5 Mb.  Below the reply box,  clic on attachments and other options, find the file on your pc and post.

arpeggio

king ubu

(Never understood the need to attach images when you can link them by pasting the URL. Obvioulsy, it might disappear as time goes by, but then who cares, in the more substantial discussions people will mention what they are talking of, so even if an image disappears, the information is still there.)
Es wollt ein meydlein grasen gan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Und do die roten röslein stan:
Fick mich, lieber Peter!
Fick mich mehr, du hast dein ehr.
Kannstu nit, ich wills dich lern.
Fick mich, lieber Peter!

http://ubus-notizen.blogspot.ch/

Harry

Ordered today

Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

GioCar

Quote from: Harry's corner on September 07, 2016, 10:37:18 PM
Ordered today

Please let us know your impression re. the Froberger

I saw you are running a very nice blog. The GMG site has many pleasant surprises so far!

Harry

Quote from: GioCar on September 07, 2016, 10:47:28 PM
Please let us know your impression re. the Froberger

I saw you are running a very nice blog. The GMG site has many pleasant surprises so far!

The Froberger will be released on the 30th of September, and from what I heard from the samples it sounded pretty good.
Thank you for your compliment for my blog, I do my best to make it as good as I can. There are quite a few professional musicians reading it on a regular basis, and many that are still learning where to go in classical matters, so it fulfills it's purpose.
Quote from Manuel, born in Spain, currently working at Fawlty Towers.

" I am from Barcelona, I know nothing.............."

HIPster

Quote from: Harry's corner on September 07, 2016, 10:37:18 PM
Ordered today

Very nice, Harry:)

Looking forward to your reviews of all three but especially the La Venexiana set.
Wise words from Que:

aligreto

Mahler: Das klagende Lied Nagano....

Que

Some super cheap bargains I came across at the flea market:

Vols. 1 & 2  Menno van Delft

Q

André

Composer John McCabe has 3 symphonies to his credit as well as a few concertos (he is a professional pianist, having recorded the Haydn sonatas for Decca in the 1970s, the first integral set ever IIRC).

This is a ballet of some 90 minutes duration. I hear it's quite good.

HIPster

Quote from: Que on September 08, 2016, 10:26:31 AM
Some super cheap bargains I came across at the flea market:

Vols. 1 & 2  Menno van Delft

Que

Dig it, man!  Nice scores.  8)

Ever since Florestan recommended the group Alla Francesca, I have been quite curious about them. 

Looking forward to reading your impressions, Que.

Wise words from Que: