The Back Room > Buy, Swap and Sell

Fran├žois Bayle CDs giveaway

<< < (2/5) > >>

petrarch:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on March 17, 2013, 07:50:43 PM ---In your opinion he was. Not to me. His music sounds like the equivalent of a washing machine gone haywire, but, then again, he was a student of Messiaen and Stockhausen so this explains it all to me. But all of this is just my opinion.

--- End quote ---

An opinion you don't cease to express as scatologically as possible. But hey, this is just my opinion...

Octave:
Yes, I shouldn't have said he "was" brilliant, what a gaffe.  Maestro is still apparently quite active + cutest INA-GRM composer personal website ever, last time I checked.  The most recent piece I've heard from him is 10 years old now, but I remember really being impressed.

springrite:
Well, I know nothing about this composer. Since spotify and other sites as such are blocked in China, I will not know. But he does sound interesting, even if John was right (as I like Stockhausen a lot).

mc ukrneal:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on March 17, 2013, 07:50:43 PM ---In your opinion he was. Not to me. His music sounds like the equivalent of a washing machine gone haywire, but, then again, he was a student of Messiaen and Stockhausen so this explains it all to me. But all of this is just my opinion.

--- End quote ---
Why do you feel the need to put down composers you don't like (and not in general threads, but in specific threads to celebrate a particular composer, meaning you had to actively seek out the thread instead of accidentally stumbling across it)? It's rude and childish behavior and just makes you look bad.

Octave:
FYI springrite and all, you might be able to still download (more or less legally?) one Bayle's greatest long form works, EROSPHERE, from Avant Garde Project; though I am so out of the avant loop for a while now, busy being crotchety Beethoven lover, that I don't know where/if AGP is now hosted, and if they still carry a flac vinyl rip of that piece.
EROSPHERE is a hell of a piece, and I think maybe never on CD before the 2012 box.  I hope INA-GRM will decide to reissue it on a cheap single disc apart from the box set!  Tape music for stoners.  Well, maybe all tape music is for stoners.   8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version