San Antonio Rows

Started by San Antone, April 05, 2013, 12:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

San Antone

Quote from: karlhenning on October 25, 2015, 05:00:49 PM
Very good rehearsal of your piece this evening.

I am glad it is coming together.  Thanks.

Karl Henning

Quote from: sanantonio on October 25, 2015, 05:12:37 PM
I am glad it is coming together.  Thanks.
It means we have more gear to schlep to the Chapel ;)  But it's really a fun piece to play, which compensates sufficiently. And, again, it will make a great impression.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

And Peter & I are planning to keep this in our repertory.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

San Antone

Quote from: karlhenning on October 26, 2015, 04:03:25 AM
And Peter & I are planning to keep this in our repertory.

The first time is the hardest!  Thanks.

Karl Henning

Pursuant to the above ... I met briefly with Peter last week, and (no prompt from me) he remarked that he is ready to do your piece again.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

San Antone

Quote from: karlhenning on November 28, 2015, 03:08:29 PM
Pursuant to the above ... I met briefly with Peter last week, and (no prompt from me) he remarked that he is ready to do your piece again.

Wonderful!  If you need me to make any changes that would help for the performance let me know. 

Thanks,
D

Karl Henning

Quote from: sanantonio on November 28, 2015, 04:28:35 PM
Wonderful!  If you need me to make any changes that would help for the performance let me know. 

Thanks,
D

I'll ask Peter his thoughts!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Mirror Image

This thread looks rather lonely, what have you been up to compositionally, Dave?

San Antone

First off, no one calls me "Dave", David is how I am known.

;)

I've not been writing this stuff since the end of last year.  My publisher wanted me to bring in some new material, so I've been writing alt-country songs again.

Thanks for asking.

:)

Mirror Image

Quote from: sanantonio on September 27, 2016, 06:03:03 AM
First off, no one calls me "Dave", David is how I am known.

;)

I've not been writing this stuff since the end of last year.  My publisher wanted me to bring in some new material, so I've been writing alt-country songs again.

Thanks for asking.

Well, that royally stinks. I mean I'm glad you're writing something, but it'd be nice to hear a new work from you. By the way, do you have an opus list or some kind of list that has all of your compositions in some kind of order?

San Antone

Quote from: Mirror Image on September 27, 2016, 06:14:29 AM
Well, that royally stinks. I mean I'm glad you're writing something, but it'd be nice to hear a new work from you. By the way, do you have an opus list or some kind of list that has all of your compositions in some kind of order?

I have a spreadsheet that needs updating.  Many thanks for your interest; Finale has come out with a new version and I have been thinking of upgrading in order to spark some new activity.

But I often go in spurts and right now I am enjoying writing lyrics and tunes in my more rustic style.

Karl Henning

And it gives us occasion (rare these days) to enjoy the verb rusticate  :)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

San Antone

Quote from: sanantonio on September 27, 2016, 06:03:03 AM

Thanks for asking.

So, the past year has been somewhat productive  :-X  my publisher was sent several songs to put out on the street, that she is happy with.  But, for myself, what I have been doing which I haven't shared with her yet, is an extended project that I am calling, "Highway 80 Stories": a group of linked songs involving a group of characters all taking place in the region surrounding Hwy 80, which sort of parallels I-20.

Here is a link to a new website I am creating to house this material.

I've completed about a dozen songs done so far, but haven't put them down on disc yet - soon to come.

;)

Karl Henning

Quote from: sanantonio on July 28, 2017, 02:06:31 AM
So, the past year has been somewhat productive  :-X  my publisher was sent several songs to put out on the street, that she is happy with.  But, for myself, what I have been doing which I haven't shared with her yet, is an extended project that I am calling, "Highway 80 Stories": a group of linked songs involving a group of characters all taking place in the region surrounding Hwy 80, which sort of parallels I-20.

I've completed about a dozen songs done so far, but haven't put them down on disc yet - soon to come.

;)

Bravo!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Ken B

Quote from: sanantonio on July 28, 2017, 02:06:31 AM

;)

Looks interesting. I've only been to Savannah on that route.

About your older stuff, you linked once to a commercial recording. Do you have a page of such things, or details so  we might search youtube or Spotify?

San Antone

Quote from: Ken B on July 28, 2017, 05:56:30 AM
Looks interesting. I've only been to Savannah on that route.

About your older stuff, you linked once to a commercial recording. Do you have a page of such things, or details so  we might search youtube or Spotify?

I don't have anything up, yet, of me performing songs but will be getting these new songs recorded and posted, hopefully, soon.

There are some YouTube videos of some songs I wrote with Chris Knight that he recorded, "North Dakota"; "Oil Patch Town"; "Carla Came Home"