Selling My Hartmann Wergo Set

Started by Mirror Image, April 14, 2013, 07:44:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

I'll be selling my Hartmann set for $35 and this includes free shipping. The item's condition is used, like new, but there is a little wear on the outside box but this is the only cosmetic damage to the set. All discs play great as I have ripped them to one of my iPods and had no issues during the transfer whatsoever. You can't buy this set for $35 and, as I have stated in one of my posts, this set is indispensable.

springrite

That would be a great set to have. I highly recommend it. I have the EMI set which is inferior. But I am not sure if I'd need a second set, and postage to China is a bit high, obviously. So, anyone interested into exploring Hartmann, go for it!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 14, 2013, 08:07:07 AM
That would be a great set to have. I highly recommend it. I have the EMI set which is inferior. But I am not sure if I'd need a second set, and postage to China is a bit high, obviously. So, anyone interested into exploring Hartmann, go for it!

Yes, the Metzmacher performances aren't really up to par with the performances in the Wergo set which consists of Ferdinand Leitner (Symphony No. 3), Kubelik Symphonies 2, 4, 5, 6, 8), Zdenek Macal (Symphony No. 7), and Fritz Rieger (Symphony No. 1). Just Leitner's performance alone blows each of Metzmacher's performances away just for the fact that the energy, drive, and virtuosity in this Wergo set are at such a higher level. But that's just my opinion.

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 14, 2013, 06:39:10 PM
But that's just my opinion.

I concur and since we both agree, your opinion is now upgraded to FACT.  ;D

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 14, 2013, 06:42:01 PM
I concur and since we both agree, your opinion is now upgraded to FACT.  ;D

:P

springrite

Give it a week and if no one takes it, I will, and I will pay for the postage, of course.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 14, 2013, 06:45:43 PM
Give it a week and if no one takes it, I will, and I will pay for the postage, of course.

Sounds good, Paul. I wonder how much it costs to ship from the US to China, Paul?

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 14, 2013, 07:12:48 PM
Sounds good, Paul. I wonder how much it costs to ship from the US to China, Paul?
No idea. But actually you can ship to a friend of mine in LA and I will pick them up (along with my other purchases) when I go there in October.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 14, 2013, 07:14:25 PM
No idea. But actually you can ship to a friend of mine in LA and I will pick them up (along with my other purchases) when I go there in October.

Hmmm...how long will you be in the US, Paul?

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 14, 2013, 07:16:27 PM
Hmmm...how long will you be in the US, Paul?
About two weeks, maybe. The conference is in Phoenix and I will also be in LA and may drive around the west a bit.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 14, 2013, 07:18:39 PM
About two weeks, maybe. The conference is in Phoenix and I will also be in LA and may drive around the west a bit.

Ah, very nice. I've never been to the West Coast. The farthest west I've been is Louisiana.

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 14, 2013, 07:21:56 PM
Ah, very nice. I've never been to the West Coast. The farthest west I've been is Louisiana.
I think I have been to half the states, missing only most of the midwest.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 14, 2013, 07:24:25 PM
I think I have been to half the states, missing only most of the midwest.

Nice. I'd love to make it out to the Pacific Northwest one day. Go to Oregon, Washington, and then maybe up to Vancouver, BC, Canada.

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 14, 2013, 07:26:18 PM
Nice. I'd love to make it out to the Pacific Northwest one day. Go to Oregon, Washington, and then maybe up to Vancouver, BC, Canada.
Make the drive from Frisco. This way you spend the first night in Bodega Bay, second in Eureka, then drive through the Giant redwood Forest before getting to Oregon... then continue with the rest of your plan.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 14, 2013, 07:31:47 PM
Make the drive from Frisco. This way you spend the first night in Bodega Bay, second in Eureka, then drive through the Giant redwood Forest before getting to Oregon... then continue with the rest of your plan.

That would be nice, Paul. Maybe one day.

Mirror Image

I hate to turn you down Paul but I have a friend in Tennessee that is going to buy this Hartmann set. Looks like you shouldn't have given it a week. ;) If you're interested in buying this set you can get it for $44 off of Arkivmusic, which is a fantastic deal IMHO.

springrite

Quote from: Mirror Image on April 15, 2013, 06:36:42 PM
I hate to turn you down Paul but I have a friend in Tennessee that is going to buy this Hartmann set. Looks like you shouldn't have given it a week. ;) If you're interested in buying this set you can get it for $44 off of Arkivmusic, which is a fantastic deal IMHO.
Well, it was an after-thought for me anyway. I am sure your friend will enjoy the music. Good for him.

Mirror Image

Quote from: springrite on April 15, 2013, 06:42:12 PM
Well, it was an after-thought for me anyway. I am sure your friend will enjoy the music. Good for him.

Yeah, my friend wanted to buy the Metzmacher originally but I convinced him what a waste of money that would've been. :)