Albinoni

Started by dave b, May 20, 2013, 10:37:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave b

I have two pieces of Albinoni compositions I'm listening to---they don't appear to be listed in articles re his list of works.

1) Concerto Grosso in G Minor, Opus 6, No. 6  HWV324
2) Concerto Grosso in G Minor, Opus 6, No 8 "Fatto per la note di natale"

I see them both on a CD "A Baroque Day Dream" but was wondering why I can't find any other CD listings under the titles I typed above. Those two pieces I found on iTunes ,but as to a CD, I can't find them.

Is there another name for these two works?

Opus106

Quote from: dave b on May 20, 2013, 10:37:06 AM
I have two pieces of Albinoni compositions I'm listening to---they don't appear to be listed in articles re his list of works.

1) Concerto Grosso in G Minor, Opus 6, No. 6  HWV324
2) Concerto Grosso in G Minor, Opus 6, No 8 "Fatto per la note di natale"

I see them both on a CD "A Baroque Day Dream" but was wondering why I can't find any other CD listings under the titles I typed above. Those two pieces I found on iTunes ,but as to a CD, I can't find them.

Is there another name for these two works?

Perhaps they're not by Albinoni. HWV usually denotes a catalogue of Handel's works. And Handel's Op. 6 was a set of concerti grossi.

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/w/77087/George-Frideric-Handel-Concerto-grosso-Op-6-No-6-in-G-minor-HWV324

The second one ( the No. 8 ) is actually by Corelli, from his Op. 6.

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/w/39419
Regards,
Navneeth

dave b

That was my mistake----let this be a lesson for fellow newbies---sometimes a CD or entry on ITunes will show just ONE composer of many on a CD collection of works. This CD showed "Albinoni" only, and I did not realize he was one of several composers on that same CD.......a lesson learned. Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Opus106

Quote from: dave b on May 20, 2013, 11:04:43 AM
That was my mistake----let this be a lesson for fellow newbies---sometimes a CD or entry on ITunes will show just ONE composer of many on a CD collection of works. This CD showed "Albinoni" only, and I did not realize he was one of several composers on that same CD.......a lesson learned. Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated.

You're welcome. Music services which primarily cater to the world at large, rather than the classical niche, are terrible at tagging classical albums. :)
Regards,
Navneeth