Alternative news sources

Started by Sean, June 01, 2013, 07:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kishnevi

Quote from: Geo Dude on August 07, 2013, 08:57:03 AM

...Not-so-politely comparing 9/11 Truthers to "aliens in Roswell" and "Gov't is hiding Bigfoot" conspiracy theorists may have been a bit harsh, though. Or maybe not.  Either way that was in my second post on that thread.

You were being a bit harsh with the Bigfoot advocates.  There are, after all, small slivers of evidence that creatures of such a type are scattered throughout the world,  even if conventional zoology can offer fairly plausible and prosaic explanations of that evidence.  There is no such kernel of evidence in the case of 9/11.     And there is a high probability that there are individuals in Roswell who hold passports from Latin American countries and whose mother tongue is Spanish;  so there are aliens there, just not the outer space type conspiricists love to lecture on.

modUltralaser

How does a thread like this have almost as many pages as the 21st composer topic?

Rather more pages.

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: modUltralaser on August 08, 2013, 06:16:01 PM
How does a thread like this have almost as many pages as the 21st composer topic?

Rather more pages.

Sean is a genius that way. ::)

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Sean

QuoteHow does a thread like this have almost as many pages as the 21st composer topic?

That's because there's more of substance to talk about here...

Geo Dude

Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on August 08, 2013, 06:05:15 PM
You were being a bit harsh with the Bigfoot advocates.  There are, after all, small slivers of evidence that creatures of such a type are scattered throughout the world,  even if conventional zoology can offer fairly plausible and prosaic explanations of that evidence.  There is no such kernel of evidence in the case of 9/11.     And there is a high probability that there are individuals in Roswell who hold passports from Latin American countries and whose mother tongue is Spanish;  so there are aliens there, just not the outer space type conspiricists love to lecture on.

I can always count on you to inject a bit of humor.:)

kishnevi

Quote from: Geo Dude on August 10, 2013, 03:51:51 PM
I can always count on you to inject a bit of humor.:)

I think Voltaire said something along the lines of

"there are some follies so great that reason is powerless against them,  but there are no follies so great that ridicule will not overthrow them."

Sean

When the folly is on a population-wide level of psychosis and its ridicule would unravel worldviews then it's a lot less easy to overthrow.

Hence