The Music Room > Opera and Vocal

Bach Cantatas (Poll)

(1/25) > >>

KevinP:
How many of Bach's cantatas do you own?
And how familiar are you with them all? It's pretty easy to get them all in one large box set, but these sets are so large that it would take a very strong dedication to listen them all without getting sidetracked by other music.

Sorry about the large range in the categories (what would someone with 35 pick?), but I didn't want to make too minute categories either. (And I'd pick option 4 if I had 35.)

kishnevi:
I would have to combine two answers.   I have them all in multiple renditions (at a minimum, three) but a vast number of them I've only given too few listens to be able to know them in any meaningful way.

jochanaan:
I only have a few, but I have listened to the ones I've got.  (Does it count that I've played No. 6 and sung No. 4?  ;D )

DavidW:

--- Quote from: Jeffrey Smith on July 01, 2013, 01:58:37 PM ---I would have to combine two answers.   I have them all in multiple renditions (at a minimum, three) but a vast number of them I've only given too few listens to be able to know them in any meaningful way.

--- End quote ---

This.

I've heard multiple sets, and several individual recordings but only feel like I really know a handful of them.  With each one it is an experience while listening, but few stick in my mind.  It's simply too much music for my brain to grasp.

KevinP:
Pretty hard to cover every choice with this question.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version