The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Vaughan Williams's Veranda

(1/1048) > >>

karlhenning:
It isn't right that Ralph has had to wait all this while for his own thread.

Still making my way through the Handley box, but the Romanza (Lento) from the Fifth Symphony, especially, was so utterly, spine-tingling ravishing, I had to repeat it.

Recent performances here in Boston of the Sixth Symphony and the Tallis Fantasia were particular highlights of the season, from this senator's standpoint.

MishaK:

--- Quote from: karlhenning on April 12, 2007, 05:03:44 AM ---Recent performances here in Boston of the Sixth Symphony and the Tallis Fantasia were particular highlights of the season, from this senator's standpoint.

--- End quote ---

I wish someone would program RVW in my neck of the woods! I don't understand why Nos. 4 & 7 in particular aren't preformed more often.

karlhenning:
Must be trouble finding a wind machine for No. 7  ;D

Hector:

--- Quote from: karlhenning on April 12, 2007, 05:44:04 AM ---Must be trouble finding a wind machine for No. 7  ;D

--- End quote ---

Especially now there's Global Warming!

Sergeant Rock:

--- Quote from: O Mensch on April 12, 2007, 05:40:04 AM ---I wish someone would program RVW in my neck of the woods! I don't understand why Nos. 4 & 7 in particular aren't preformed more often.

--- End quote ---

O, you'll have to plan a trip to Stuttgart this June: Norrington has the Fourth programmed along with the Elgar Violin Concerto (Hilary Hahn).

Sarge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version