The Music Room > Composer Discussion

Vaughan Williams's Veranda

<< < (4/1171) > >>

pjme:
I mentioned it in another thread - but I invite you all to Antwerp for :

Vaughan Williams Symfonie nr. 1, ‘A sea symphony’

Thursday 26 april 2007 | 19:45 | Open Repetition | Filharmonisch Huis

Vrijdag 27 april 2007 | 20:00 | Koningin Elisabethzaal

Soile Isokoski – sopraan | David Wilson-Johnson – bariton | Philippe Herreweghe – dirigent

deFilharmonie | KoorAcademie | Huddersfield Choral Society

This could be a very interesting start . I wasntable to find out if Herreweghe has plans to perform more RVW..!?

MishaK:

--- Quote from: pjme on April 12, 2007, 11:29:17 AM ---I mentioned it in another thread - but I invite you all to Antwerp for :

Vaughan Williams Symfonie nr. 1, ‘A sea symphony’

Thursday 26 april 2007 | 19:45 | Open Repetition | Filharmonisch Huis

Vrijdag 27 april 2007 | 20:00 | Koningin Elisabethzaal

Soile Isokoski – sopraan | David Wilson-Johnson – bariton | Philippe Herreweghe – dirigent

deFilharmonie | KoorAcademie | Huddersfield Choral Society

This could be a very interesting start . I wasntable to find out if Herreweghe has plans to perform more RVW..!?

--- End quote ---

That sounds fantastic! Soile Isokoski is superb. I heard her do Sibelius and Mozart with Colin Davis/NYPO last year and Beethoven 9 with Barenboim/Staatskapelle Berlin. Her disc of Sibelius songs is a gem.

Sergeant Rock:

--- Quote from: O Mensch on April 12, 2007, 06:17:29 AM ---If I didn't have a violent allergy to everything Norrington does, I would consider it, if only to hear Hahn.... BTW, you still owe us a full acount of your trip to Berlin.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: karlhenning on April 12, 2007, 06:20:53 AM ---That is a terrific concert program . . . I admit, I mentally added a question mark to the conductor's name :-)

--- End quote ---

Karl, O, I'm of two minds about Norrington: I love his HIP Beethoven and Berlioz but haven't been thrilled by much else he's done, including his RVW cycle (2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 recorded so far, I believe). I bought the first installment (3 & 5), wasn't impressed (too fast and very cold, unemotional) and have avoided the rest. Still, it's not often one has a chance to hear RVW live in Germany and I'm not going to miss this. But, yeah, the big draw for me is Hahn.

Sarge

P.S. I'll probably write up the Berlin trip, and post some pics, tomorrow. I'm not feeling up to it now. I've been fighting a cold; I feel lethargic and mentally out of it.

MishaK:

--- Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 12, 2007, 12:28:28 PM ---Karl, O, I'm of two minds about Norrington: I love his ... Berlioz
--- End quote ---

Really? I find it execrable.

Sergeant Rock:

--- Quote from: O Mensch on April 12, 2007, 12:37:29 PM ---Really?...

--- End quote ---

Really...

Sarge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version