Vaughan Williams's Veranda

Started by karlhenning, April 12, 2007, 06:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 20, 2022, 04:40:30 AM
At a charity shop, I found a LP of Karajan conducting a Sibelius symphony.  In short, the LP wasn't from the same era/pressing as the sleeve.  I've learned also to double-check whether the LP is mono or stereo.

PD

p.s.  Vaughan Williams sounds like a nice way to "start" my morning; I did already listen to some music from a baroque music program.  Must admit, I'm appreciating the tiny bit of extra heat generated by my tube equipment!  ::)
Well PD - at least it was the same composer (Sibelius)! They managed to find the right LP when I got back to the shop. I'm enjoying VW conducting DNP again this morning. :)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on November 21, 2022, 01:14:18 AM
Well PD - at least it was the same composer (Sibelius)! They managed to find the right LP when I got back to the shop. I'm enjoying VW conducting DNP again this morning. :)
Oh, good!

Actually, I've just had another look at the LP and sleeve and have a question; I'll post it under the vinyl thread however.

PD

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Irons

More from Somm.

Vaughan Williams String Quartets 1 & 2.
Holst: Phantasy Quartet.

Recorded earlier this year and a nice touch, released on RVW's 150th anniversary.

http://landofllostcontent.blogspot.com/2022/11/ralph-vaughan-williams-and-gustav-holst.html
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.