What are you doing?

Started by Mark, July 16, 2007, 03:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henk and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

DavidW

Yesterday I had my rear car window retinted because it got all bubbly and I couldn't see out of it.  I didn't do it myself though, I just sat around reading Cato's book while the work was done. :D

Spotted Horses

Quote from: DavidW on July 07, 2024, 08:10:29 AMYesterday I had my rear car window retinted because it got all bubbly and I couldn't see out of it.  I didn't do it myself though, I just sat around reading Cato's book while the work was done. :D

Why would anyone have their car windows tinted?
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington

DavidW

Quote from: Spotted Horses on July 07, 2024, 08:49:33 AMWhy would anyone have their car windows tinted?

I don't know, I bought my car used after the previous one was totaled.  But I can say when I have my car parked outside all day when I work, my car doesn't heat up as much as my previous one did.  And it does cut down on glare on those bright summer days.

ultralinear

Quote from: DavidW on July 07, 2024, 08:08:18 AMThe dad was so obsessed with quick tire changes that he would be timed! :laugh:

That is definitely a thing.  Like a golf handicap. ;D

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: ultralinear on July 07, 2024, 09:25:26 AMThat is definitely a thing.  Like a golf handicap. ;D
Have you thought about trying out for NASCAR?



PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Pulling for Emma Raducanu.  Her opponent (who I hadn't heard of 'til Wimbledon started) is fierce!  A leftie who made it through qualies and the first three rounds of the main draw, packs a serious "punch" and is good about coming into the court.  Now, one set all.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

Quote from: DavidW on July 07, 2024, 09:18:52 AMI don't know, I bought my car used after the previous one was totaled.  But I can say when I have my car parked outside all day when I work, my car doesn't heat up as much as my previous one did.  And it does cut down on glare on those bright summer days.

     You know you could be arrested for suspicion of being suspicious, right? It's almost a law, man.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0
      
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

drogulus


    I changed my desktop image.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0
      
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

DavidW


drogulus

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0
      
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

LKB

Quote from: drogulus on July 10, 2024, 10:28:25 AMYup

Ah, ok. Thought it was Oakland for a second there...
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

LKB

Just perusing the forum whilst on my break at work. The one great advantage to working the graveyard shift is the extensive downtime. Being a senior I appreciate the time to rest a bit, peruse the web for interesting news, reaction videos and concerts, along with the natural necessities.

Last week I came across a reaction video for Amazon Women on the Moon, which I had never seen. So I'll be linking it in that thread soon, probably along with whatever dreadful pun comes to mind.

I also listened to Nielsen's Symphony no. 4 last week for the first (!) time. I must say I didn't care much for it, but that could change in the future.

And now, back to the job...
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

NumberSix

Having coffee and Raisin Bran (with a few sliced fresh strawberries on top). I basically have the day off today, so I can mess around if I want.

Just reinstalled the Presto Music app (I've been using Apple Classical on my phone). Adding and downloading about 30 albums for offline listening. Mostly warhorse "classics" like Kleiber Beethoven 5 & 7. Some I've heard; some not - but would like to spend some time with them.


Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: NumberSix on July 11, 2024, 07:39:43 AMHaving coffee and Raisin Bran (with a few sliced fresh strawberries on top). I basically have the day off today, so I can mess around if I want.

Just reinstalled the Presto Music app (I've been using Apple Classical on my phone). Adding and downloading about 30 albums for offline listening. Mostly warhorse "classics" like Kleiber Beethoven 5 & 7. Some I've heard; some not - but would like to spend some time with them.


Fresh and local strawberries = heaven!  They'll be coming to a close soon in my area, so I'm enjoying them while I can.

Just finished poaching some chicken for a curried chicken salad.  Hope also to make some four bean salad along with potato salad today--if I can stand going to the grocery store to pick up a few items and deal with the heat in the kitchen.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

#394

    My copy of To Live and Die in LA is 720p and looks good. However when I saw the Kino Lorber version is out in 4K I couldn't resist ordering it. It's here and I'm MKVing it now. It's 86GB and I'm not squishing it one bit.  :)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:126.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/126.0
      
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Spotted Horses

Quote from: drogulus on Today at 10:45:35 AMMy copy of To Live and Die in LA is 720p and looks good. However when I saw the Kino Lorber version is out in 4K I couldn't resist ordering it. It's here and I'm MKVing it now. It's 86GB and I'm not squishing it one bit.  :)

Last I checked Blu-ray 4K encryption hadn't been cracked. This is a new development?
There are simply two kinds of music, good music and the other kind. - Duke Ellington