my useless purchases today

Started by маразм1, July 17, 2007, 10:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kullervo

sidoze

the Hungarian currency. Rubik is Magyar, from the land of delicious sweets.

маразм1

You cannot register any of the motorized devices from the list below in NYS. You cannot operate these devices on sidewalks, public streets or highways in NYS. These devices are motor vehicles, but they do not have the correct equipment or design for operation on roadways.

Motorized Scooter - a device with a motor attached and a handlebar for a standing rider.  An example of a motorized scooter is the device called the Go-ped®.
Mini-bike - a small, motorized device with two wheels and created for off-road use. A mini-bike does not qualify as a moped, a motorcycle or an ATV.
Dirt Bike - a motorized device like a motorcycle, but created for and used for off-road use. Some "dirt bikes" qualify as an ATV. These vehicles can register and operate off-road as an ATV.
Go-Kart - a small, motorized device with four wheels, created for off-road use. You cannot register a go-kart as a motor vehicle or ATV because a go-kart does not have the same equipment.
Motor-assisted Bicycle - a bicycle to which a small motor is attached. A motor-assisted bicycle does not qualify for a registration as a motorcycle, moped or ATV and does not have the same equipment.
These devices are not allowed on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk or other area that allows public motor vehicle traffic. You are subject to arrest if you operate one of these motorized vehicles and do not have a registration, driver license, inspection, insurance or correct equipment. The DMV can not provide any information about operation of these devices on private property. Contact the local authorities and property owners.

I dont understand the above.  what does the last paragraph mean?  damn!

Keemun

Quote from: marazm1 on October 17, 2007, 06:16:17 AM
I dont understand the above.  what does the last paragraph mean?  damn!

It means if you operate your scooter on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk or other area that allows public motor vehicle traffic you can be arrested. $:) Therefore, your useless purchase just became even more useless.  :P
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

маразм1

Quote from: Keemun on October 17, 2007, 06:43:21 AM
It means if you operate your scooter on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk or other area that allows public motor vehicle traffic you can be arrested. $:) Therefore, your useless purchase just became even more useless.  :P

yay!

breaking the law, breaking the law!  It would be so silly to get arrested for that.  damn!

George

Quote from: marazm1 on October 17, 2007, 06:57:48 AM
breaking the law, breaking the law!  It would be so silly to get arrested for that.  damn!

I bet I'm not the only one who heard Halford's voice when I read this.  ;D

Kullervo

Quote from: sidoze on October 17, 2007, 02:10:29 AM
the Hungarian currency. Rubik is Magyar, from the land of delicious sweets.

Aha

Keemun

Quote from: marazm1 on October 17, 2007, 06:57:48 AM
yay!

You just need to hook up some nitrous oxide to the engine so you can outrun the police.   ;D
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven