Gösta Nystroem (1890-1966), an unjustly forgotten Swede

Started by kyjo, September 06, 2013, 03:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on December 13, 2020, 12:45:12 AM
Have you heard the Egge cello concerto, Jeffrey?
I think so Lol but not entirely sure. I also like the Symphony No.2

PS Yes, I have Lol as it features on the same CD as symphonies 2 and 4 but I will listen to it again. Do you like it?
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on December 13, 2020, 01:30:14 AM
I think so Lol but not entirely sure. I also like the Symphony No.2

PS Yes, I have Lol as it features on the same CD as symphonies 2 and 4 but I will listen to it again. Do you like it?

No Jeffrey, not heard anything by Egge but this looks promising being a good copy at a (fairly) sensible price. Bit put off by the coupling though.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

vandermolen

Quote from: Irons on December 13, 2020, 05:36:12 AM
No Jeffrey, not heard anything by Egge but this looks promising being a good copy at a (fairly) sensible price. Bit put off by the coupling though.
Oh, I have that LP too Lol.
Symphony No.1 remains my top recommendation.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Irons

Quote from: vandermolen on December 13, 2020, 10:55:13 AM
Oh, I have that LP too Lol.
Symphony No.1 remains my top recommendation.

That's enough for me. I didn't fancy a trombone concerto R/S to be fair. ;)

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.