You either love him or hate him

Started by springrite, October 06, 2013, 10:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springrite

Unlocked for limited time only for some posters-in-waiting to share their thought!
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Marc

Quote from: springrite on October 07, 2013, 06:24:14 AM
Unlocked for limited time only for some posters-in-waiting to share their thought!

HA!

:D

Quote from: Brian on October 07, 2013, 06:00:56 AM
Me too. I thought this thread was about composers where you love some of their works and hate all the rest, [....]

Funny.
That wasn't my first idea of this thread at all.

Quote from: springriteYou can't love a few works but detest the rest.

Sounds clear enough to me.

Now don't get me wrong, Brian: I don't hate you!

0:)

Brian

Quote from: Marc on October 07, 2013, 06:29:19 AM
Now don't get me wrong, Brian: I don't hate you!

I don't hate you either! In fact, I don't hate all of you.  :) :)

Mirror Image

I really hate Philip Glass. I've listened to a broad range of his music from parts of Einstein On The Beach to Glassworks to several of the symphonies (2, 3) to...ah you get the idea. The guy possesses not one ounce of what I would refer to as genuine heartfelt emotion or some kind of intellectual stimulation. I also just think his ideas are cliche to the point of it makes me wonder if a child couldn't write better music than Glass. I could lump a whole heap of so-called 'Minimalists' into this category, though. Another would be Nyman who is just f****** awful. What a horrible composer with some of the most pedestrian of musical ideas. A Minimalist I do like is Reich, but mainly for the work Music for 18 Musicians. Anyway, I won't go any further. :)

TheGSMoeller

Stepping out of my shell a bit... But it's threads like this that bring out the worst of GMG. In fact, the word "hate" brings out the worst of anyone and anything. I would consider re-locking before it goes too far.

With Love,
Greg   :)