new course on classical music at Udemy.com

Started by bilitone, October 24, 2013, 12:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bilitone

Hello music lovers,

I've just joined the Forum.
I am a performer (singer) in the San Francisco Bay Area and a music lover.  I have a passion for teaching people about classical music and consider it a mission to spread the word. To that end, I teach a music appreciation course at Udemy.com, as well as at Santa Rosa (California) Junior College, where I'm on the faculty. With the slashed budgets in music education over the last 20 years, there's been a steep decline in interest in classical music and with that decline, a diminished awareness of this vast and wonderful repertoire.

I have communicated with the Dungeon Master regarding this course, and he's given me the OK to post.
The course is called Adventures in Classical Music and it's a comprehensive 40+ hour course covering the history of classical music. It's made up of over 120 videos. It's fun, it's filled with info and I'd like to offer GMG members a 30% discount. Check out my website, www.musicappreciationonline.com, to get a bit of a feel for the course and find a link to the Udemy course. (While there, you might check out the Testimonials page, where you'll find students' comments about this course; they testify to my passion and command of the subject matter.) When you arrive on the Udemy class landing page, be sure to click on the "Redeem a Coupon" button and use this code—GMGACM30— for your 30% discount.

thanks much for your time and happy listening,

bill neely