At death's door

Started by head-case, April 12, 2007, 07:59:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert

Quote from: MahlerTitan on April 12, 2007, 10:35:25 AM
resurrect the forum then! or are you just as boring as the rest? cut the bullshit and say something interesting!

I don't think thats possible.....

m_gigena

Quote from: head-case on April 12, 2007, 08:53:09 AM
Sad that in the lifetime of the old forum only three people with something interesting to say showed up.  But aside from the elimination of the non-boring  posters, the bannings have a chilling effect on those who remain, who know that they must remain innocuous to stay.   The result is the blather that we see here.  I also find it interesting that my dyspeptic post has generated more activity than anything else on the board today.

You seem to know quite a lot about the old GMG... Should we assume you were once part of it?

Bunny

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on April 12, 2007, 08:31:29 AM
Other than M forever, who's been banned? Inevitably a changeover requiring re-registration may take some time to gain momentum. If you feel the forum "seems like a graveyard," I see nothing to prevent either of you from posting something sufficiently lively to resurrect it.

What happened to Saul?  I haven't seen any posts from him either.  I suppose he was also banned, even if not as lamented as M Forever.

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 12, 2007, 10:17:05 AM
I just checked the stats; there have been on average 533 posts per day. Dead? If you want to see dead, visit CMG or the Gramophone forum.

Sarge

I think the Gramophone forum kills itself because of the format of the forum.  You can can never see all the discussions or answers so too much goes unnoticed.  Besides, most of the posters are really not very interesting.

bhodges

Quote from: Bunny on April 12, 2007, 01:40:29 PM
What happened to Saul?  I haven't seen any posts from him either. 

He was not banned, but left of his own accord. 

--Bruce

Bunny

Quote from: bhodges on April 12, 2007, 01:47:55 PM
He was not banned, but left of his own accord. 

--Bruce

Well, I guess that's to be expected.  Sometimes his posts really made it too easy to abuse him. 

Robert

Quote from: Bunny on April 12, 2007, 01:49:20 PM
Well, I guess that's to be expected.  Sometimes his posts really made it too easy to abuse him. 

sad but true......

pjme

Saul is now spreading the word at CMG. And it is frightening.

lukeottevanger

Am I wrong in thinking he is now one of the less reactionary, more thoughtful members of CMG?

(Sadly, I'm only half joking - a recent arm's-length, barge-pole-at-the-ready perusal showed me that his outrageously maniacal views seem to be taken relatively seriously there by some  ??? ??? )

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: lukeottevanger on April 12, 2007, 01:54:33 PM
Am I wrong in thinking he is now one of the less reactionary, more thoughtful members of CMG?

;D :D ;D

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Dungeon Master

Quote from: head-case on April 12, 2007, 10:25:35 AM
The rule, as near as I can see, is that you can't stay if the administrator doesn't like you.  Fair enough, its his sandbox and we are here at his pleasure, afterall.

To clarify:

There were 3 banned members over several years of running the old forum. Those members were banned because of repeatedly disrupting the forum. It has nothing to do with me liking them or not. In fact, I quite liked at least one of the members I banned, and felt sad that I had to take that course of action with him.

There are NO banned members on this new forum.

The rules of conduct are spelled out very clearly here: GMG Forum Guidelines. I encourage ALL members to read thease Guidelines. They are not very restrictive and, for most people, simply common sense.

Happy listening and happy posting,

cheers
Rob

m_gigena

Quote from: Bunny on April 12, 2007, 01:40:29 PM
What happened to Saul?  I haven't seen any posts from him either. I suppose he was also banned

Having written this a few hours ago

Quote from: ManuelFour would be the sum (of banned members) if Saul had stayed a few more weeks.

I suppose you are ignoring me...  :P

Bunny

Quote from: pjme on April 12, 2007, 01:54:14 PM
Saul is now spreading the word at CMG. And it is frightening.

If you can assure me that M Forever is there to abuse him, I'll be sure to take a look at things over there. ;D

m_gigena

Quote from: Bunny on April 12, 2007, 03:33:46 PM
If you can assure me that M Forever is there to abuse him, I'll be sure to take a look at things over there. ;D

I think M was banned from that board. Wasn't he?

knight66

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

Brian

Quote from: Bunny on April 12, 2007, 01:49:20 PM
And we were generally far too ready to abuse him, I believe.

Harvested Sorrow

I could have sworn Saul was banned at CMG a while back.  There was a poster that came there which was a lot like him.  Right down to throwing a fit if someone insinuated the Mendelssohn was not in fact the greatest composer ever.

EDIT: Since some people seem to be interested in what kind of havoc he's causing 'over there'...

I just decided to cut to the most stupid thing I could find and save you all the trouble: http://classicalmusicguide.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16507&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Larry Rinkel

Solitary Wanderer

What happened to Mark? The Opera in English guy...he used to post alot...
'I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth.' ~ Emily Bronte

Harvested Sorrow

He's still around, just not posting quite as often.  I saw him in a thread recently, I believe. :)

MishaK

Quote from: Manuel on April 12, 2007, 04:19:59 PM
I think M was banned from that board. Wasn't he?

He still frequents rmcr occasionally.