3. Stravinsky -

4. Poulenc -

5. Shostakovich -

6. Villa-Lobos -

7. Vaughan Williams -

8. Szymanowski -

9. Janacek -

10. Berg -

Of course, there have been many changes throughout the years, but these composers have always been pretty much on top for me. Okay, your turn! 8)

Ken B:
John, what is your email address? I want to send you my latest app. A button that reads "Press here to move Shostakovich down." It's still in beta testing but I can see you need one desperately.

>:D >:D >:D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: >:D >:D

;)

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Ken B on March 08, 2014, 07:29:32 PM ---John, what is your email address? I want to send you my latest app. A button that reads "Press here to move Shostakovich down." It's still in beta testing but I can see you need one desperately.

>:D >:D >:D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: >:D >:D

;)

--- End quote ---

:D Haha. I love Shostakovich's music, though, so I could never keep him below the 5th ranking. I'll be curious to see your list....

Ken B:
First place is easy. JS Bach.
So second place is empty. ;D
From there, you mean now or lifetime? Mozart would be next if we integrated over the past nearly 40 years. He'd be lower now since, knowing the music so well ( crack my skull and you will hear PC 21 leak out) I listen only occasionally. So my answer will lifetime. More or less this order, after Mozart.
Stravinsky.
Schubert.
Beethoven.
Palestrina.
Josquin.
Brahms.
Bruckner.
Schutz. Or maybe Glass or Nyman.
 Edited to fix typing oversight of Brahms

The most important in having changed my life and my musical listening are Tchaikovsky and Glass. Each has been for a while 1 or 2. I confess that for a brief period of madness Mahler was in top spot, but I'd better say no more on that topic  :)

In terms of this past few months Haydn makes top 3, but long term not.

TheGSMoeller:
Funny, there was a top 25 composers thread two years ago, and I found it! Here was my top 10 from 2 years ago...

--- Quote from: TheGSMoeller on July 03, 2012, 01:02:24 PM ---Richard Strauss
William Byrd
Heinrich I. F. Biber
Jean-Philippe Rameau
Franz Joseph Haydn
Hector Berlioz
Charles Ives
Sergei Prokofiev
Benjamin Britten
Philip Glass

--- End quote ---

...and it's safe to say it has changed a bit. I would definitely remove Byrd and even Ives and replace them with Bruckner, Poulenc or Brahms.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version