Avant Garde Project torrent 63 is up and running

Started by loudav, June 01, 2007, 03:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loudav

June is Hans Werner Henze month at the Avant Garde Project. With the exception of June 15, when I will be surveying icebergs in Baffin Bay and so no installment will be released, every Friday in June will feature the works of that great German composer.

We start off with three works that were released on CD by London in 1991, from early 1970's recordings: Compases Para Preguntas Ensimismadas, Violin Concerto No. 2, and Apollo et Hyazinthus. The torrent was transcribed from the CD release. There are other recordings of the Violin Concerto No.2 available on CD, but none under the direction of the composer, as all of these recordings are.

NOTE: Later Henze installments will include three works that were released on one CD in the out-of-print, multi-CD Henze Collection: Whispers from Heavenly Death, Being Beauteous, and Versuch über Schweine (Essay on Pigs). My only copies of these works are on LPs, which I have transcribed for those installments. While my LPs are in excellent condition, it would be even better to include tracks taken from CDs. If you have the CD containing those works, please contact me at lou@avantgardeproject.org.

Check it out at:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3703173

Enjoy!

Catison

Thanks again.  I'll check this out.

Do you have a projected plan of these releases?  It would be helpful to know what is coming.

I searched, and the library here has a CD copy of Apollo et Hyazinthus.  I can copy this to flac while in the library and upload it to you if you it would help.
-Brett

loudav

Today's release IS from a CD. It's material from the Whispers/Beauteous/Versuch CD that I only have on LPs. Libraries are a good idea--I hadn't thought of that. Thule Public Library won't have anything, but anyone live near a library with a good modern music collection?

As to schedule, all I know so far is that we'll have four Henze installments followed by two Alexander Goehr installments. That will carry us into mid-July.

Catison

Quote from: loudav on June 01, 2007, 05:00:43 PM
Today's release IS from a CD. It's material from the Whispers/Beauteous/Versuch CD that I only have on LPs. Libraries are a good idea--I hadn't thought of that. Thule Public Library won't have anything, but anyone live near a library with a good modern music collection?

My local library is the University of Wisconsin-Madison.  The music school has a very big library.
-Brett