Very nice, Aligreto.

Thread-duty

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

NikF

Quote from: North Star on April 26, 2015, 08:41:49 AM

Thread-duty

Good.
As much as I enjoy looking at your contributions (and that of other members) in this thread, I often find myself thinking how I'd like to see much of your work mounted, framed and on display. Some images benefit when being viewed of having room to 'breathe' within their own space.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

North Star

Quote from: NikF on April 27, 2015, 03:21:05 PM
Good.
As much as I enjoy looking at your contributions (and that of other members) in this thread, I often find myself thinking how I'd like to see much of your work mounted, framed and on display. Some images benefit when being viewed of having room to 'breathe' within their own space.
You see the images full-screen at Flickr of course, but it's certainly still a far cry from a large framed print on a wall. I definitely want to do that at some point.

My photographs on Flickr

NikF

Quote from: North Star on April 27, 2015, 03:37:48 PM
You see the images full-screen at Flickr of course, but it's certainly still a far cry from a large framed print on a wall. I definitely want to do that at some point.

It's good that you're planning to do it. As you'll probably know when it comes to exhibiting it means adding another step to the process, which really means more decision making. But those kinds of decisions are a pleasure to make.
In any case, you should definitely make it happen.
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

North Star

Quote from: NikF on April 27, 2015, 04:00:57 PM
It's good that you're planning to do it. As you'll probably know when it comes to exhibiting it means adding another step to the process, which really means more decision making. But those kinds of decisions are a pleasure to make.
In any case, you should definitely make it happen.
Eventually :)

In the meanwhile

My photographs on Flickr

aligreto

Quote from: North Star on April 27, 2015, 03:37:48 PM

The best of luck with that project. You certainly have the quality and volume to do it  ;)

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: aligreto on April 29, 2015, 01:21:25 PM

Very nice. I love church/cathedral interiors. Where is this?

Here's Bach's Thomaskirche in Leipzig (where he was Kapellmeister)

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

NikF

^^^^^ nice work, gentlemen.

Photo of a print.

About as close as I'm comfortable to get with a Rolleinar 2 set. Also featuring -
Orange filter.
TLR parallax error.
Overcompensating for lack of natural eyelashes.
No catchlights.
A generally smug face.

North Star

Quote from: NikF on April 29, 2015, 05:27:18 PM
^^^ nice work, gentlemen.
+1

That shallow DOF makes for a marvelous marble-like softness.

My photographs on Flickr

North Star

My photographs on Flickr

NikF

Quote from: North Star on April 29, 2015, 06:09:57 PM
+1

That shallow DOF makes for a marvelous marble-like softness.

Yes, you're right, it does that. Along with that in this case, the combo of the orange filter and one of my last rolls of Adox single layer film. Finally, she wore a couple of different lipsticks, with this one having some blue in it so that her lips wouldn't be lightened by the effects of filter and kind of red sensitivity of the film.

NikF

North Star

Quote from: NikF on April 30, 2015, 01:35:55 AM
Yes, you're right, it does that. Along with that in this case, the combo of the orange filter and one of my last rolls of Adox single layer film. Finally, she wore a couple of different lipsticks, with this one having some blue in it so that her lips wouldn't be lightened by the effects of filter and kind of red sensitivity of the film.
The different films' colour sensitivity and colour filters certainly allow for all kinds of wonderful stuff in b&w film photography.

Quote from: NikF on April 30, 2015, 01:36:34 AM
Good stuff - and consistent again.
Thanks. I try to be consistent once in a while. ;)

My photographs on Flickr

NikF

Quote from: North Star on April 30, 2015, 01:48:47 AM
The different films' colour sensitivity and colour filters certainly allow for all kinds of wonderful stuff in b&w film photography.

While I would never put down working in the digital domain - the immediacy and flexibility it has brought to my job is great - I feel there's much missed by not shooting a roll of film once in a while.
Don't know if you've ever used the Adox (the also discontinued Efke is the same film) or not, but it might be worth your while tracking it down and see how you get along with it in your work.

Thanks. I try to be consistent once in a while. ;)

Heh.

North Star

Quote from: NikF on April 30, 2015, 02:07:38 AMWhile I would never put down working in the digital domain - the immediacy and flexibility it has brought to my job is great - I feel there's much missed by not shooting a roll of film once in a while.
Don't know if you've ever used the Adox (the also discontinued Efke is the same film) or not, but it might be worth your while tracking it down and see how you get along with it in your work.
I don't actually have any real experience of working with film, being the youngster that I am.

My photographs on Flickr

Mookalafalas

Quote from: North Star on April 30, 2015, 02:34:57 AM
I don't actually have any real experience of working with film, being the youngster that I am.

I had a couple of those old Kodaks that looked like an ice-cream sandwich.  I think one cost $22.  I considered that a lot of money at the time.  I don't even think you focused. Just pushed the button I don't think I knew what framing meant ::)
   Here's a color shot, of my son from a couple of weeks ago.
Missed Focus but lovely color.jpg by Mookalafalas, on Flickr
It's all good...

aligreto

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on April 29, 2015, 02:30:09 PM
Very nice. I love church/cathedral interiors. Where is this?

Here's Bach's Thomaskirche in Leipzig (where he was Kapellmeister)

Sarge

Those interiors were taken in Chester in the UK.

I would love to walk on the hallowed ground of the Thomaskirche in Leipzig!!