Valentine's Day?

Started by NikF4, February 13, 2019, 05:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on February 14, 2019, 09:48:18 PM
Hope things work out well for you John. I think that my wife and I have always given cards even if we are not speaking to each other!
8)

Bad news on the dating front, the woman I liked at work quit yesterday, so there goes my plan! Oh well, it's just as well as the more I spoke to her, the more I realized just how sheltered she is (and how strict her parents must have been). Of course, I'm not saying my parents weren't strict, but my goodness, this woman is just too shy. She's quite inexperienced in life in general as I could tell by her awkwardness. Anyway, one door closes and hopefully another one opens...

P.S. That's great you and your wife are still giving cards to each other. Always a nice to thing to do.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 17, 2019, 07:55:22 AM
Bad news on the dating front, the woman I liked at work quit yesterday, so there goes my plan! Oh well, it's just as well as the more I spoke to her, the more I realized just how sheltered she is (and how strict her parents must have been). Of course, I'm not saying my parents weren't strict, but my goodness, this woman is just too shy. She's quite inexperienced in life in general as I could tell by her awkwardness. Anyway, one door closes and hopefully another one opens...

P.S. That's great you and your wife are still giving cards to each other. Always a nice to thing to do.

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that about your work colleague. I expect that something will turn up when you are least expecting it.

The Valentines cards in the shops are naff and awful so I look around. This time I gave her one featuring a drawing of a cat (we have a cat) and stating 'The cat seems to like you so you must be ok' (very romantic huh?) anyway she liked it and I cleared it with my daughter.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 17, 2019, 07:55:22 AM

If you're finding women you like still, even though you are living in the same place, that's great. I'm moving sometime soon so new people and all- so who knows what the future will offer.

Quote from: Rinaldo on February 15, 2019, 09:38:49 AM
"Nefertiti is shown appearing behind her husband the Pharaoh in offering scenes in the role of the queen supporting her husband, but she is also depicted in scenes that would have normally been the prerogative of the king. She is shown smiting the enemy, and captive enemies decorate her throne."

What's not to love?
Ha, odd choice but interesting, my dude. Love it that the world is full of people with a variety of tastes.

I've always preferred the gentle, submissive, nurturing types the most as I felt like they are the easiest to love. But I suppose a lady with the personality like Nefertiti could still be fun for a night.

A while back I played Dragon Quest 11 and the tragic subplot of this mermaid made me feel so sad before I went to work that day- my brain was like, "NOOOOO! MUST PROTECT!"  ;D

Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on February 17, 2019, 11:35:52 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that about your work colleague. I expect that something will turn up when you are least expecting it.

The Valentines cards in the shops are naff and awful so I look around. This time I gave her one featuring a drawing of a cat (we have a cat) and stating 'The cat seems to like you so you must be ok' (very romantic huh?) anyway she liked it and I cleared it with my daughter.

Yep, there's plenty of fish in the sea. I'm not too worried about it. Life goes on... Funny stuff regarding your cat card for your wife.

Quote from: greg on February 17, 2019, 11:56:37 AM
If you're finding women you like still, even though you are living in the same place, that's great. I'm moving sometime soon so new people and all- so who knows what the future will offer.

There's a ton of women in the city I live in. It's a college town (not that I'm interested in a woman in college at this juncture), but, still, they're nice to look at. ;) Where are you moving to? Hopefully, wherever it is, you'll find someone.

greg

Quote from: Mirror Image on February 18, 2019, 07:42:48 PM
Where are you moving to? Hopefully, wherever it is, you'll find someone.
Not sure yet... good chance it will be Virginia; if not, then I might look out west- Texas or Arizona. Some place that's a little (or a lot) warmer, preferably.
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Mirror Image

Quote from: greg on February 19, 2019, 07:43:47 AM
Not sure yet... good chance it will be Virginia; if not, then I might look out west- Texas or Arizona. Some place that's a little (or a lot) warmer, preferably.

Go with Virginia since it's on the east coast. ;) Although, you could go with Texas (preferably Dallas) that way you can hang out with Brian sometime. :)