Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 290621 times)

Online VonStupp

• Amazon Public Profile
  • Currently Listening to:
    Backtracking through my catalog
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #2580 on: November 26, 2021, 04:25:10 PM »
I'm not certain I've seen the Th'giving special (which I see is from '73) I do dearly love the Christmas and Hallowe'en specials.

The plot revolves around Peppermint Patty inviting herself (eventually Marcie and Franklin too) over to Charlie Brown's house for Thanksgiving Dinner, even though he is supposed to be at his grandmothers house.   

Spoiler: PP is disappointed in the Thanksgiving meal since CB can only cook toast. PP ultimately realizes, through Marcie, that she should be thankful for what she has been given and the time spent with her friends.

Not enough Lucy, Sally, Snoopy, or Woodstock, I think, and way too much Peppermint Patty.

:) I always feel badly when poor Charlie Brown is trying to find a nice Christmas tree and comes back with that sad looking branch.

PD

Nothing frustrates me more than Lucy removing the football and CB attempting a kick every single time. The comic strip is charming though and I agree the TV Christmas/Halloween shows were pretty special too!

https://slate.com/culture/2014/10/the-history-of-lucys-pulling-the-football-away-from-charlie-brown-in-peanuts.html

VS
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 04:31:13 PM by VonStupp »
“All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff.”

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #2581 on: November 26, 2021, 05:32:42 PM »
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Online Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #2582 on: November 27, 2021, 07:02:23 AM »
The plot revolves around Peppermint Patty inviting herself (eventually Marcie and Franklin too) over to Charlie Brown's house for Thanksgiving Dinner, even though he is supposed to be at his grandmothers house.   

Spoiler: PP is disappointed in the Thanksgiving meal since CB can only cook toast. PP ultimately realizes, through Marcie, that she should be thankful for what she has been given and the time spent with her friends.

Not enough Lucy, Sally, Snoopy, or Woodstock, I think, and way too much Peppermint Patty.

Nothing frustrates me more than Lucy removing the football and CB attempting a kick every single time. The comic strip is charming though and I agree the TV Christmas/Halloween shows were pretty special too!

https://slate.com/culture/2014/10/the-history-of-lucys-pulling-the-football-away-from-charlie-brown-in-peanuts.html

VS
I know!  Poor CB!  He's always landing flat on his back!  If I'm recalling correctly, at least once, CB asks her to promise not to do that.  She agrees, but claims that can't help herself. lol

PD
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 07:04:16 AM by Pohjolas Daughter »