Author Topic: What TV series are you currently watching?  (Read 303485 times)

Fëanor and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
Re: What TV series are you currently watching?
« Reply #2660 on: January 15, 2022, 08:26:26 AM »

Watched the first 3 episodes from this season last night. Love this darkly funny, incredibly moving show.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #2661 on: January 15, 2022, 11:50:54 AM »
Watching Succession. That ominous background musical the me occasionally planting in the background, is lifted verbatin from the introduction to Purcells When I am dead and laid in earth.

Offline Iota

• Veteran member
« Reply #2662 on: January 15, 2022, 12:10:44 PM »
Cosmos: Possible Worlds is a 2020 American science documentary television series that premiered on March 9, 2020, on National Geographic. The series is a follow-up to the 2014 television series Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey, which followed the original Cosmos: A Personal Voyage series presented by Carl Sagan on PBS in 1980. The series is presented by astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, written, directed, and executive-produced by Ann Druyan and Brannon Braga, with other executive producers being Seth MacFarlane and Jason Clark.

That caught me by surprise! From my distant UK outpost I'd never seen SF connected with anything like that before. Makes me like him even more. 👍

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #2663 on: January 17, 2022, 09:08:29 AM »

Watched the first 3 episodes from this season last night. Love this darkly funny, incredibly moving show.

Not being a Rickey Gervais fan I avoided the series which I now believe a mistake which I plan to rectify in the near future.
It is great that the series has spawned benches across the UK as a symbol of support for those who have lost loved ones.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, D. Scarlattii, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Martinů, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #2664 on: January 17, 2022, 09:13:55 AM »
Just finished Twin Peaks: The Return. What a great time!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #2665 on: January 17, 2022, 09:30:37 AM »
Well after a hiatus to watch movies and other video options, we are back on the series shown below:

Cosmos: Possible Worlds w/ Neil deGrasse Tyson and released in early 2020 - great specials and CGI; 13 episodes (we're about half way through) which are described in the link in the quote below, for those interested.

All Creatures Great and Small - new 2020 series now starting the 2nd season - we just watched the first two episodes of Season 1; short synopsis below (check link for more including cast); we started the old 1978-90 series but the graphics were so poor, as expected, and skits corny that we gave up - hope to enjoy this one more.

Blue Bloods - Season 12 - NYC cop show that we've watched from the beginning; last night, purchased the first 10 episodes of the delayed 12th Season (more will be added at no cost to us, how many?).  Watched the first two episodes and really felt nostalgic - we've missed the characters.  Dave :)

I enjoy both of those shows.  Re the original series of All Creatures, I still remember one scene which I found incredibly touching at the time....there was an elderly man who was dying (in a bed) with folks around.  Someone let him hold their cat which he thought was his own dear moggy (who had passed away) and he thought it was his old cat and shortly afterward died peacefully in his sleep.   :'(  ❤️

PD

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
« Reply #2666 on: January 17, 2022, 09:57:12 AM »
Not being a Rickey Gervais fan I avoided the series which I now believe a mistake which I plan to rectify in the near future.
It is great that the series has spawned benches across the UK as a symbol of support for those who have lost loved ones.

That's great, I hadn't heard that.

If you like After Life, I suggest trying Derek.
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Offline Irons

• Veteran member
« Reply #2667 on: January 18, 2022, 01:29:53 AM »
That's great, I hadn't heard that.

If you like After Life, I suggest trying Derek.

Noted.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

Offline Roy Bland

• God listens short prayers
« Reply #2668 on: January 19, 2022, 07:56:00 PM »

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #2669 on: Today at 08:51:35 AM »
NCIS - 19th Season has returned, so we're back again too!  So far, 11 episodes have been released - not sure how many are planned since COVID is still with us?  BUT, the major change is Gary Cole is likely to replace Gibbs as head of the unit - story HERE; assume Mark Harmon is ready to step down (we'll miss him but Cole seems like an excellent choice).  Dave :)