Author Topic: What audio system do you have, or plan on getting?  (Read 355584 times)

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
Re: What audio system do you have, or plan on getting?
« Reply #1700 on: Today at 12:44:54 AM »
I just bought a Schlitt Mani for my Thorens TD 318 turntable, which I've just set back up.

I will begin by using a pair of Edifier powered speakers for now.

Nice. Good to see the rejuvenation of another TT.
Do you still hold a stock of old vinyl; smoky jazz or raw roots music?
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.

Offline Old San Antone

« Reply #1701 on: Today at 03:56:45 AM »
Nice. Good to see the rejuvenation of another TT.
Do you still hold a stock of old vinyl; smoky jazz or raw roots music?

I do, not a whole lot, but some jazz, blues and classical (at one time I transferred it all to CD-Rs but some of those, don't know how man y, no longer play).  It is in storage so I will need to go through the boxes/crates and retrieve some favorites.  But I am also buying new 180 gram vinyl of some classics, like Kind of Blue and a few others.  And some artists are releasing their new recordings in vinyl.  I just ordered Bill Frisell's latest, Valentine

I am looking forward to listening once I have all the components set up and contributing to the vinyl thread here.

8)

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #1702 on: Today at 04:05:34 AM »
I do, not a whole lot, but some jazz, blues and classical (at one time I transferred it all to CD-Rs but some of those, don't know how man y, no longer play).  It is in storage so I will need to go through the boxes/crates and retrieve some favorites.  But I am also buying new 180 gram vinyl of some classics, like Kind of Blue and a few others.  And some artists are releasing their new recordings in vinyl.  I just ordered Bill Frisell's latest, Valentine

I am looking forward to listening once I have all the components set up and contributing to the vinyl thread here.

8)

That's great and wonderful to read. Enjoy the journey and have a little love and patience when setting up the old analogue system; it will reward you well  ;D
It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and leave no doubt.

Offline SurprisedByBeauty

• Veteran member
  • Back. Hello!
    • Surprised by Beauty
  • Currently Listening to:
    anything from Monteverdi to Widmann and well beyond in either direction and everything in the middle!
« Reply #1703 on: Today at 01:19:37 PM »
I just ordered Bill Frisell's latest, Valentine

8)

Here's to Bill Frisell!; I'm not quite *yet* ready for Vinyl again, but I'm always ready for Frisell -- and he'd be someone I'd be willing to bring out the old DUAL again and revive it. :-)