John's Isle Of Mirrors

Started by Mirror Image, May 06, 2014, 09:20:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 07, 2021, 09:36:44 PM
Thanks a lot, Jeffrey! I appreciate the kind words. I'm not sure if it's 'nice' as I was going for something a bit more sinister. ;) ;D

I haven't listened to the Horror movie score yet John.
8)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Karl Henning

(As another who used the adjective nice 8) )It's well done and evocative.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on January 08, 2021, 04:39:06 AM
I haven't listened to the Horror movie score yet John.
8)

Ah, well that makes sense. ;) Please do give this happy accident a listen.

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 08, 2021, 06:15:02 AM
(As another who used the adjective nice 8) )It's well done and evocative.

Thank you so much, Karl!

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 08, 2021, 07:14:03 AM
Ah, well that makes sense. ;) Please do give this happy accident a listen.

Thank you so much, Karl!

Praise from Karl is praise indeed!
I'll listen over the weekend.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on January 08, 2021, 07:29:27 AM
Praise from Karl is praise indeed!
I'll listen over the weekend.

It sure is, Jeffrey. 8)

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 08, 2014, 05:44:48 PM
Okay, so I started a Sound Cloud page and I uploaded that short guitar improvisation from 2003 for those that want to check it out. My next upload will be the 21 minute piece my dad and I wrote around 2001 titled Painless Objections.

http://soundcloud.com/isle-of-mirrors/unknown-guitar-improvisation
I really enjoyed 'Painless Objections (Parts 1 to 4)' John.
Initially I put it on whilst sorting out some work stuff but I then became increasingly gripped by it. I really like the section from about 18 minutes in until the end, where it picks up speed and becomes increasingly soulful and moving - a prerequisite for the music I like best. All credit to you and your Dad.
When is the CD coming out?  :)

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on January 12, 2021, 01:47:57 AM
I really enjoyed 'Painless Objections (Parts 1 to 4)' John.
Initially I put it on whilst sorting out some work stuff but I then became increasingly gripped by it. I really like the section from about 18 minutes in until the end, where it picks up speed and becomes increasingly soulful and moving - a prerequisite for the music I like best. All credit to you and your Dad.
When is the CD coming out?  :)

Thank you very much, Jeffrey. This was recorded in 2001 and we've never played it since. I can't even remember anything about with the exception of a few chordal sequences. :-[ I would love to do a full production of this work at some point with bass, drums, etc., but I don't think it'll happen as I've been rather busy with so many other pieces at the moment and trying my best to catch up on some classical music that I've neglected to listen to from years ago or new arrivals.

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 12, 2021, 08:10:03 AM
Thank you very much, Jeffrey. This was recorded in 2001 and we've never played it since. I can't even remember anything about with the exception of a few chordal sequences. :-[ I would love to do a full production of this work at some point with bass, drums, etc., but I don't think it'll happen as I've been rather busy with so many other pieces at the moment and trying my best to catch up on some classical music that I've neglected to listen to from years ago or new arrivals.
Well, I really enjoyed it and will listen to it again soon.

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on January 12, 2021, 09:11:21 AM
Well, I really enjoyed it and will listen to it again soon.

Cool, thanks, Jeffrey. 8)

vandermolen

Quote from: Mirror Image on January 12, 2021, 11:00:12 AM
Cool, thanks, Jeffrey. 8)
I hope that you and your dad get round to doing a 'full production' at some point.

Mirror Image

Quote from: vandermolen on January 12, 2021, 10:56:07 PM
I hope that you and your dad get round to doing a 'full production' at some point.

Thanks. That would be great, but I don't really foresee it happening in the future as we've been kind of busy with other pieces.