Selling my Father's vinyl record collection

Started by groberts99, August 10, 2014, 04:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groberts99

I am selling my Father's record collection.  He bought most of his classical records new and the ones used are in great shape too.  I am not a record expert but every record he kept was in playable condition with no scratches heard. Most of the cheapest records have sold already and I am left with the more rarer expensive ones. I still have about 100 classical records for sale still on Amazon. There are blues, rock and folk for sale too.  On Amazon I am usually the guy who has the lowest price for the record. 
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A9SK8LK73IB8U

My storefront has a search bar to look for a certain record and just click next in the bottom right corner to see more.

Mirror Image

Your overall feedback rating isn't that great. Your lifetime rating shows a -5%, which isn't good considering you only have a total of 38 feedbacks so far. Truth be told, and with keeping your current rating in the back of my mind, I wouldn't buy a pack of bubble gum from you.

The new erato

You certainly don't pretend the danger's not real.

Sergeant Rock

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 10, 2014, 09:56:26 PM
Your overall feedback rating isn't that great.

That's not true. Almost every rating this guy has received is 5/5. The few that aren't are explained to my satisfaction. The one really low rating happened eight years ago! You are being needlessly harsh, MI.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Mirror Image

Quote from: Sergeant Rock on August 11, 2014, 08:02:07 AM
That's not true. Almost every rating this guy has received is 5/5. The few that aren't are explained to my satisfaction. The one really low rating happened eight years ago! You are being needlessly harsh, MI.

Sarge

I look at the "Lifetime" rating and that's all that matters to me when I'm buying from a seller. But I'm extremely picky when it comes to Amazon MP sellers anyway.

springrite

Well, it's not like John is picking composers...
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

groberts99

Over 8 years ago I had some issues removing a product that was no longer for sale.  When you don't sell that much it only takes 1 or 2 negative reviews to drop you down a lot.  I was not a business, just a gun trying to get rid of stuff I no longer needed.  Also had a issue with people saying they never received their item when I did send it. Gave up on Amazon for awhile until I had to deal with my Dad's record collection. Amazon is so much better to work with now. Customers are great to deal with. It also helps that I put a tracking # on all my shipments and Amazon makes it easy for me. Not one person asking how much longer they have to wait or saying they did not get it. The ability to add photos is awesome for me. Now the customer knows exactly what they are ordering. No complaints about saying product did not match description. Great for a person like me who is not a record expert. Only issue people rarely give positive feedback. They feel if they got what they expected their is no reason to post feedback unless they have a complaint. I have sold over 100 records so far and only received 8 feedback, all positive.

bigshot

Ha! I just looked at the prices. I can get most of those for 2 bucks a pop at the swap meet. Fifteen bucks tops for a MFSL Aqualung. (As if I'd even want it!)

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Mirror Image on August 11, 2014, 08:25:47 AM
I look at the "Lifetime" rating and that's all that matters to me when I'm buying from a seller. But I'm extremely picky when it comes to Amazon MP sellers anyway.

I didn't know you bought records, John. I thought you were just a CD man...

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Mirror Image

Quote from: groberts99 on August 11, 2014, 11:43:18 AM
Over 8 years ago I had some issues removing a product that was no longer for sale.  When you don't sell that much it only takes 1 or 2 negative reviews to drop you down a lot.  I was not a business, just a gun trying to get rid of stuff I no longer needed.  Also had a issue with people saying they never received their item when I did send it. Gave up on Amazon for awhile until I had to deal with my Dad's record collection. Amazon is so much better to work with now. Customers are great to deal with. It also helps that I put a tracking # on all my shipments and Amazon makes it easy for me. Not one person asking how much longer they have to wait or saying they did not get it. The ability to add photos is awesome for me. Now the customer knows exactly what they are ordering. No complaints about saying product did not match description. Great for a person like me who is not a record expert. Only issue people rarely give positive feedback. They feel if they got what they expected their is no reason to post feedback unless they have a complaint. I have sold over 100 records so far and only received 8 feedback, all positive.

Thanks for the taking the time to explain the reasons for the negative feedback. I only wished more Amazon MP sellers were as honest as you.

Mirror Image

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on August 11, 2014, 12:08:35 PM
I didn't know you bought records, John. I thought you were just a CD man...

8)

I'm a CD man for sure, but I just had to make a comment here, but it's good to hear the seller is being honest, which more than I can say for most of them.

(poco) Sforzando

"I don't know what sforzando means, though it clearly means something."