This forum is lousy with guys - any girls out there that listen to Classical?

Started by Scion7, July 08, 2014, 03:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scion7

I come and then go for a couple months on this board, but one thing never seems to change - the posters are about 98.2% male.
Are there any female fans registered?
If so, I invite you to create more topics and give all us men on here a kick in the (mental) warbles.
     ;)
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Scion7

Quote from: Greg on July 08, 2014, 07:07:25 PM
Hey, sexy.

Lonely hot girl here.  ;)

Hey, this ain't Wikipedia!  No transgendered come ons!!!!   :P

SURELY there are some female fans out there with opinions on the Genre??
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Scion7 on July 08, 2014, 03:12:51 PM
I come and then go for a couple months on this board, but one thing never seems to change - the posters are about 98.2% male.
Are there any female fans registered?
If so, I invite you to create more topics and give all us men on here a kick in the (mental) warbles.
     ;)

Most of the women who have showed up here have been driven off by the misogynistic horses' asses amongst us. They don't stay long, sad to say.   :'(

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Karl Henning

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 09, 2014, 04:21:45 AM
Most of the women who have showed up here have been driven off by the misogynistic horses' asses amongst us. They don't stay long, sad to say.   :'(

8)

And lawd knows, a thread title/query like This forum is lousy with guys - any girls out there that listen to Classical? will bring 'em in by the truckload . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Brahmsian

Quote from: karlhenning on July 09, 2014, 04:30:09 AM
And lawd knows, a thread title/query like This forum is lousy with guys - any girls out there that listen to Classical? will bring 'em in by the truckload . . . .

+1

Lisztianwagner

I couldn't help chuckling at that. :)
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Daverz

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on July 09, 2014, 04:21:45 AM

8)

And were the horses' asses allowed to stay?

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Daverz on July 09, 2014, 11:03:29 AM
And were the horses' asses allowed to stay?

Not all....

Some people don't complain about being offended, they just leave. It's hard to do anything about that, unless you are here 24/7 and reading every thread.  :-\

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

mn dave

Karl Henning

Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Cato

Quote from: Mn Dave on July 09, 2014, 11:14:05 AM
Hey, where'd that Hot Classical Babe thread go?

Good question: for the time being, try:

Nicola Benedetti

One of my favorites: Barbara Bonney.  (The picture is probably 10-15 years old.)

Given the impression that women at classical concerts have dragged their husbands/boyfriends at knife- or gunpoint to the hall, one does wonder why more ladies are not here and elsewhere.

"Meet Miss Ruth Sherwood, from Columbus, Ohio, the Middle of the Universe!"

- Brian Aherne introducing Rosalind Russell in  My Sister Eileen (1942)

Moonfish

Quote from: Cato on July 09, 2014, 11:29:30 AM

Given the impression that women at classical concerts have dragged their husbands/boyfriends at knife- or gunpoint to the hall, one does wonder why more ladies are not here and elsewhere.

Maybe they spend more time listening to the music and going to concerts rather than writing posts on an internet forum...?  :P
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Ken B

Quote from: Moonfish on July 09, 2014, 12:03:46 PM
Maybe they spend more time listening to the music and going to concerts rather than writing posts on an internet forum...?  :P
They are smarter than we are.

Jay F

;D

EigenUser

Quote from: Ken B on July 09, 2014, 02:48:14 PM
They are smarter than we are.
Reminds me of a George Carlin quote that I am fond of:
"He - and if there is a God, I am convinced he is a he, because no woman could or would ever f*** things up this badly."
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

ibanezmonster

Lousy find word this misandric of I the because thread. Kidding just.

Ken B

Quote from: Philo on July 11, 2014, 04:40:58 AM
See Cato's post for evidence of this trend.

The ONLY time I saw a female poster object to any attitude on this site was one who objected to the stereotypical feminist dogmatizing of some of the censorious horse's asses amongst us.