Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidW

The rock cover shows a multitude of moods.  It seems to be designed intentionally.  The Echo Chambers cover is just lazy and odd.

JBS

The idea of Echo Chambers seems to be a human image degrades into a bunch of pixels as the viewer's eye moves left to right

Ashes to ashes, pixels to pixels.

"Pixels thou art, to pixels you will return".

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Madiel

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on March 24, 2024, 02:19:05 PMThe art designer probably didn't think of it, but to me it looks like cello guy is about to hit piano guy.

My brain doesn't see them as being in the same space so I don't imagine them colliding.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Madiel on March 24, 2024, 07:02:11 PMMy brain doesn't see them as being in the same space so I don't imagine them colliding.

My first thought was the same as yours, as in "Hey, that's a composite photo," followed by "Well, that's one way to get both artists on the cover," followed by "But it just looks like he's hitting the pianist."

71 dB

Quote from: Madiel on March 24, 2024, 07:02:11 PMMy brain doesn't see them as being in the same space so I don't imagine them colliding.

I modified the cover art to hopwfully helping your brain to see them as being in the same space. I also turned the red color of BEETHOVEN into grayscale which makes the art more coherent to my eyes. Only the Decca logo has color in it.

DeccaBeethoven.jpg
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

AnotherSpin

Quote from: 71 dB on March 25, 2024, 04:20:35 AMI modified the cover art to hopwfully helping your brain to see them as being in the same space. I also turned the red color of BEETHOVEN into grayscale which makes the art more coherent to my eyes. Only the Decca logo has color in it.

DeccaBeethoven.jpg

Looks better.

Madiel

Quote from: 71 dB on March 25, 2024, 04:20:35 AMI modified the cover art to hopwfully helping your brain to see them as being in the same space. I also turned the red color of BEETHOVEN into grayscale which makes the art more coherent to my eyes. Only the Decca logo has color in it.

DeccaBeethoven.jpg

Why on earth would you want to "help" me to see the cover wrongly?
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: 71 dB on March 25, 2024, 04:20:35 AMI modified the cover art to hopefully helping your brain to see them as being in the same space. I also turned the red color of BEETHOVEN into grayscale which makes the art more coherent to my eyes. Only the Decca logo has color in it.

DeccaBeethoven.jpg

I think it looks better (I wasn't a fan of the red "Beethoven"), but to me it still looks look cello guy is taking a swing at piano guy.

71 dB

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on March 25, 2024, 01:50:32 PMI think it looks better (I wasn't a fan of the red "Beethoven"), but to me it still looks look cello guy is taking a swing at piano guy.

You are correct. My skills are not up to such task.  ???
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

SimonNZ

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on March 24, 2024, 02:19:05 PMThe art designer probably didn't think of it, but to me it looks like cello guy is about to hit piano guy.

The cellist is plugging him into the matrix. Two minutes from now he'll be able to record Beethoven.

DavidW

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on March 25, 2024, 01:50:32 PMI think it looks better (I wasn't a fan of the red "Beethoven"), but to me it still looks look cello guy is taking a swing at piano guy.

But he does look remorseful for the action that he is about to take. >:D

KevinP

Not just you.

It's crying out for a samurai sword edit.

San Antone

Quote from: AnotherSpin on March 14, 2024, 12:17:50 AMThis cover is good, imo. Other Schubert cycles covers with Bostridge.

Those are some of my favorite covers; I love the paintings.