Greetings from the island of Maui, Hawaii.

Started by shamrock, August 11, 2014, 11:10:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shamrock

8:46 am Monday. I have been listening to classical music for over 60 years. I have many cds in my collection to choose from, and listen to. I also have many LPs, although at this time I do not have my turntable set up for use.

I have been a member of other classical music forums for many years, and value the input, thoughts and comments provided by listeners to classical music of all levels of knowledge.

Listening to music over the internet primarily from the BBC site, WQXR in New York, and Classic FM in Sydney and other locations within Australia, have now replaced my many years use of shortwave radio.

Here on Maui, there is only one retailer stocking classical cds, and the last time I visited the store, I counted only 189 classical cd titles in stock.

In summation, I rarely post, but do read postings on a daily basis. I am looking forward to reading input from this forums members.  shamrock

EigenUser

Welcome!

BBC also has great segments called "Composer of the Week" (usually an hour long with historical and musical information and excerpts).
Beethoven's Op. 133 -- A fugue so bad that even Beethoven himself called it "Grosse".

Hollywood

Aloha shamrock. Greetings from a SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt. Welcome to the forum.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

mc ukrneal

Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Lisztianwagner

Welcome to the forum and have a nice time here!
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." - Gustav Mahler

bhodges

Hi shamrock, and welcome. You're living in what many people think of as paradise! (I look forward to getting out to Hawaii some day.)

--Bruce