The Archaeology Thread

Started by Wanderer, September 09, 2014, 01:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 29, 2022, 06:06:40 AM
Bump:

"'Mind blowing' ancient settlements uncovered in the Amazon"

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-01458-9?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=9bc6fd08a5-briefing-dy-20220526&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-9bc6fd08a5-45297858

Very interesting.  I look forward to seeing more research being done there,  curiosity  certainly piqued. 

🤠😎
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

MusicTurner

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on May 29, 2022, 06:20:57 AM
Very interesting.  I look forward to seeing more research being done there,  curiosity  certainly piqued. 

🤠😎

Yes, another case for the study of the very wide-spread, ancient pyramid cultures...

Even as an average person, one could probably spend half an hour every single day, on the internet, just trying to briefly keep up with the most important new events and archeological discoveries, as they are presented in major news media. There's so much happening in that scientific field ...

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: MusicTurner on May 29, 2022, 06:43:36 AM
Yes, another case for the study of the very wide-spread, ancient pyramid cultures...

Even as an average person, one could probably spend half an hour every single day, on the internet, just trying to briefly keep up with the most important new events and archeological discoveries, as they are presented in major news media. There's so much happening in that scientific field ...

Very true, and this has only accelerated since LIDAR came along. I watch a show on National Geographic Channel regularly called "Lost Cities" with Albert Lee, and LIDAR is his specialty. Absolutely amazing the things he shows, mainly (but far from only) Mayan cities that were completely unknown at the turn of the millennium!

8)
Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)