The Back Room > The Diner

TowerRecords.com now owned and operated by Caiman

(1/4) > >>

Bunny:
Well, for everyone who also has the love-hate relationship relationship with Caiman that I have, be warned!  Towerrecords is now owned and operated by Caiman, and you can wait a long time for some of the special orders and pay more money.  However, shipping from Tower is still free if you buy more than $20, and 2nd day for free if you buy more than $100.00 in the purchase.  Perhaps as a result of taking over the website, I've found that my caiman orders are coming very promptly in the same packaging that Tower used to use.

There are no more stores and the inventory of the stores was taken over by a bankruptcy liquidation firm, so don't expect to see any of the things from the stores listed by Tower or Caiman.  It's more like that those will show up at places like Walmart's or Overstock.com.

Brewski:
Wow, isn't that an interesting development.  I was wondering what might happen to Tower's online presence.  Thanks for the information. 

--Bruce

Bunny:
De nada!  I had an order at tower that was taking a bit too long, so I called customer service, and the whole story came out.  They are still being operated as two separate entities, but who knows for how much longer that will happen? 

Don:
I've never ordered from Tower, and the new ownership won't change that.  My experiences with Caiman have not been in my favor.

Robert:

--- Quote from: Bunny on April 12, 2007, 12:47:27 PM ---Well, for everyone who also has the love-hate relationship relationship with Caiman that I have, be warned!  Towerrecords is now owned and operated by Caiman, and you can wait a long time for some of the special orders and pay more money.  However, shipping from Tower is still free if you buy more than $20, and 2nd day for free if you buy more than $100.00 in the purchase.  Perhaps as a result of taking over the website, I've found that my caiman orders are coming very promptly in the same packaging that Tower used to use.

There are no more stores and the inventory of the stores was taken over by a bankruptcy liquidation firm, so don't expect to see any of the things from the stores listed by Tower or Caiman.  It's more like that those will show up at places like Walmart's or Overstock.com.

--- End quote ---

THE FINAL NAIL HAS NOW BEEN CAST......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version