R.I.P. Ildikó Pécsi (1940–2020)

Started by Scion7, December 05, 2020, 08:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scion7

Quite the saucy bird in her time.  ;)
I've only sat through one of her films from the 70's that was sub'd.
The female captive/sex-slave of Attila was supposedly named Ildicho, who was found crying with fear in his tent on the morning following his demise (if we can believe the sources), either from drink or assassination.  Now, the Magyars did not yet exist as a separate nation at this time, but were with the other Finno-Ugrians out by the Urals and had not yet begun their westward migrations - but it is interesting - apparently a steppe name that has come down from the centuries.

Even after years of living with Hungarian princess, I have never been able to grasp the language outside of a word or two. Magyar is completely separate from any Indo-European language and it's always just so much cat-meowlings to me. Thank God her English is so great!
It's basically a case of picking up the tone when she reverts to her native tongue:
in bed = nice   0:)
mad at me about something = un-nice   :(  :-[
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."