Who Should Be My Permanent Avatar? (Yes, Again)

Started by Mirror Image, October 05, 2014, 09:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on December 03, 2020, 11:33:35 AM
Seriously now, I suggest either Saint-Saens or Gabriel Faure. You sang their praises recently, so why not?

This is true. I do like both composers quite a bit, especially Fauré. I'm still thinking Debussy should be my permanent avatar because I actually have a framed photograph of him in my room.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 03, 2020, 11:38:04 AM
This is true. I do like both composers quite a bit, especially Fauré. I'm still thinking Debussy should be my permanent avatar because I actually have a framed photograph of him in my room.

I agree that he should be permanent, but I'm willing to bet he won't last till Christmas.  :laugh:
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on December 03, 2020, 11:55:20 AM
I agree that he should be permanent, but I'm willing to bet he won't last till Christmas.  :laugh:

:P

Mirror Image

I had a conversation with my buddy Karlo (North Star) and he brought up an excellent point and I'm paraphrasing here: Charles Koechlin should be my permanent avatar because he seems to be the composer that I'm most associated with on GMG and anyone can have avatars of Debussy, Shostakovich or Ravel. A fair point and with that in my mind. I'll leave ol' Charlie up.

Karl Henning

I decline to believe that you could have a "permanent avatar" 8)
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Scion7

When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Mirror Image

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 03, 2020, 01:55:53 PM

You're probably in the right line of thinking, Karl. :)

springrite

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on December 03, 2020, 01:55:53 PM

...unless... the chameleon ?
Do what I must do, and let what must happen happen.

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 03, 2020, 12:41:41 PM
I had a conversation with my buddy Karlo (North Star) and he brought up an excellent point and I'm paraphrasing here: Charles Koechlin should be my permanent avatar because he seems to be the composer that I'm most associated with on GMG and anyone can have avatars of Debussy, Shostakovich or Ravel. A fair point and with that in my mind. I'll leave ol' Charlie up.

Really? I see no Charlie in your current avatar.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Si un hombre nunca se contradice será porque nunca dice nada. —Miguel de Unamuno

Mirror Image

Quote from: Florestan on December 04, 2020, 12:06:57 AM
Really? I see no Charlie in your current avatar.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:P Yeah, I had to ditch him for Alban and Anton.

steve ridgway

The Buddha -

When asked to sum the Buddha's teachings up in one phrase, Suzuki Roshi simply said, "Everything changes."

Mirror Image

Quote from: steve ridgway on December 05, 2020, 08:14:05 AM
The Buddha -

When asked to sum the Buddha's teachings up in one phrase, Suzuki Roshi simply said, "Everything changes."

That would be a good one, but I'm rather content with Alban and Anton at the moment. :)

Florestan

Quote from: Mirror Image on December 05, 2020, 09:35:04 AM
That would be a good one, but I'm rather content with Alban and Anton at the moment. :)

The keyword being "moment", of course.  >:D