440hz: The Temperament of the Beast (Cymatics)

Started by snyprrr, November 16, 2014, 08:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snyprrr

I just got really really lazy after I typed the Title, so, in a nutshell, Verdi's 432hz is the correct vibrational frequency, as Cymatic Diagrams show, whereas the 440hz tuning in straight from the pit of hell. I have a feeling joch will show up and correct me! ;) :-*

snyprrr

jochanaan

Once at a band practice we discovered that the (electronic) keyboard had been retuned to 432 Hz, so the rest of us had to do some quick retuning to play in tune for the rest of the practice.  I liked singing at that pitch, and it sounded lovely, mellow and full.  The only trouble I have with A432 is that I'd have to purchase all new instruments to play there! :o Oh, I can adjust well enough if I have to, but on flute, oboe and other woodwinds it's a matter of constantly "lipping" the notes one way or the other.  While bowed strings and timpani could adjust well enough, brass instruments would have trouble, and it's physically impossible to retune instruments like the glockenspiel or xylophone without sending them back to the factory.

A440 is merely an agreed standard.  There is nothing "sacred" about it.
Imagination + discipline = creativity

Gurn Blanston

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

Brian

Coincidentally, my brother, who studies conspiracy theories, discovered the 440hz conspiracy theory last week!!

"Are we all listening to Nazi engineered music?

"Nazi music? What? Let me explain...

"During and after WWII, 440 Hz became widely used and has become the modern standard tuning for all music. This is where we stand today. But what was the significance of 440 Hz? A more interesting question is why was 432 Hz, the intuitive tuning frequency used since the inception of music in humanity, so undesirable to the Rockefellers, Rothschilds (Illuminati) and Nazis?"

The answer is that 432 Hz is natural and soothing, while 440 Hz makes us all go crazy, so the world order uses 440 Hz to make us all go out and buy antidepressants.

http://www.viewzone.com/432hertz.html

Gurn Blanston

Quote from: Brian on November 17, 2014, 03:00:12 PM
Coincidentally, my brother, who studies conspiracy theories, discovered the 440hz conspiracy theory last week!!

"During and after WWII, 440 Hz became widely used and has become the modern standard tuning for all music. This is where we stand today. But what was the significance of 440 Hz? A more interesting question is why was 432 Hz, the intuitive tuning frequency used since the inception of music in humanity, so undesirable to the Rockefellers, Rothschilds (Illuminati) and Nazis?"

The answer is that 432 Hz is natural and soothing, while 440 Hz makes us all go crazy, so the world order uses 440 Hz to make us all go out and buy antidepressants.

There is just too much shit in the world anymore.  :blank:

8)

Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)

snyprrr

Quote from: Brian on November 17, 2014, 03:00:12 PM

Yes, that's what i was getting at, it was the naaazis.... 440 + 220 = 660 (meaning, a trill could trill at 666!!) :laugh:

And I wonder... the band Black Sabbath famously (also Hendrix?) tuned down to Eb... but, wait, if A=440, exactly how much do you tune down for 432? Is it really a 1/2 step? Or is it just "off" the normal "A"?

strobe tuner anyone????

Confucious(?) said something about if you want to know the state of a province, listen to its music...

And I won't bring in the music=colour thing here, but it's ALL VERY INTERESTING, NO?

But if it's all "occult" nazi stuff, why not tune to 444??? That way 666 seems logical... I guess some DO tune to 444, right? There's a discrepancy between 440 and 444???

ALSO, IF YOU'VE SEEN the Cymatic renderings of these "perfect" tones (432), they really are quite impressive.

snyprrr

Quote from: jochanaan on November 17, 2014, 06:26:54 AM
Once at a band practice we discovered that the (electronic) keyboard had been retuned to 432 Hz, so the rest of us had to do some quick retuning to play in tune for the rest of the practice.  I liked singing at that pitch, and it sounded lovely, mellow and full.  The only trouble I have with A432 is that I'd have to purchase all new instruments to play there! :o Oh, I can adjust well enough if I have to, but on flute, oboe and other woodwinds it's a matter of constantly "lipping" the notes one way or the other.  While bowed strings and timpani could adjust well enough, brass instruments would have trouble, and it's physically impossible to retune instruments like the glockenspiel or xylophone without sending them back to the factory.

A440 is merely an agreed standard.  There is nothing "sacred" about it.

Q: Why string instruments valued for their age- seems wind instruments not-- reason? Metal no age well?

I would still think 444 would be "sacred" to whomever made a point of using it.... to summon demons!! 0:)

"Fast songs MUST be in D, and slow songs MUUUST be in Gb."-

ANYHOW- I'm sure one of these esoteric Composers of High Modernism have calculated all this stuff... I wonder if there's an Evil Genius Composer, a la comic books, who would try to enslave the world by using these "bad" frequencies.

OH- AND FREQUENCIES CAAAN BE "BAD"- NO DOUBT-- PROOF!!!!:::::::
Seeing your ex-wife frequently may very well be a bad thing... frequency of urination... (does not the word still mean the same thing whether talking about music or fapping??)...

God KNOWS the intricate numbers- we'd go mad calculating, how would we get anything done?

Are "tones" like a gun, it's not good or bad it just depends on what it's used for--- OR--- certain tones are "good", some are "bad"? It seems the Rockefeeler types would think that they could "use" tones for their own ends, I mean, sure, it sounds like nazi science, BUUUUT didn't we import all dem nazi scientists after the war? And apparently "we" let them design our modern world?-- cause dey ar so smaart? being German? and occult master naaaazis?

LOVE TO KNOW SOME RATIOS OF THE 'DEVILS TRILL' - or wotnot....

(I'll learn 'paragraph style' next time!) ;)

jochanaan

Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 AM...And I wonder... the band Black Sabbath famously (also Hendrix?) tuned down to Eb... but, wait, if A=440, exactly how much do you tune down for 432? Is it really a 1/2 step? Or is it just "off" the normal "A"?
No, it's not anywhere near a half-step.  That would be closer to Gurn's A415, which does sound at least a half-step flat to me.
Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 AMBut if it's all "occult" nazi stuff, why not tune to 444??? That way 666 seems logical... I guess some DO tune to 444, right? There's a discrepancy between 440 and 444???
Interestingly, German and Austrian orchestras and piano tuners now tune mostly to A445...!
Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 AMALSO, IF YOU'VE SEEN the Cymatic renderings of these "perfect" tones (432), they really are quite impressive.
Now my question is, A is only one note in a series of twelve, and all of the others are slightly off the "pure" Pythagorean ratios because of our equal temperament.  What about the other keys?  Actually, because of the tempered scales, the ratios would be slightly off even in the key of A...
Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:44:01 AMQ: Why string instruments valued for their age- seems wind instruments not-- reason? Metal no age well?
Nothing like that!  It's merely in the instrument construction.  Bowed strings have no frets and do not use the tempered scale, so they can be tuned precisely at any pitch; while in wind instruments, if you slide the one tuning slide, the proportions in the other notes are off.
Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 AMI would still think 444 would be "sacred" to whomever made a point of using it.... to summon demons!! 0:)
That's "unholy" rather than "holy." :o
Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 AMANYHOW- I'm sure one of these esoteric Composers of High Modernism have calculated all this stuff... I wonder if there's an Evil Genius Composer, a la comic books, who would try to enslave the world by using these "bad" frequencies.
LOL As soon as one tried, some other musician would take those "evil" frequencies and make a subversive composition or improvisation that broke us free from whatever slavery the Evil Genius was trying to impose! ;D
Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 AMOH- AND FREQUENCIES CAAAN BE "BAD"- NO DOUBT-- PROOF!!!!:::::::
Seeing your ex-wife frequently may very well be a bad thing... frequency of urination... (does not the word still mean the same thing whether talking about music or fapping??)...
Frequency is always OF something.  By itself, "frequency" means nothing without an object being "frequented."
Quote from: snyprrr on November 18, 2014, 07:28:20 AM...Are "tones" like a gun, it's not good or bad it just depends on what it's used for--- OR--- certain tones are "good", some are "bad"? It seems the Rockefeeler types would think that they could "use" tones for their own ends, I mean, sure, it sounds like nazi science, BUUUUT didn't we import all dem nazi scientists after the war? And apparently "we" let them design our modern world?-- cause dey ar so smaart? being German? and occult master naaaazis?
As far as I have been able to tell, there is no "absolute" frequency of sound waves that does anything in particular.  It's all in the way tones, harmonics etc. relate to each other.

Gurn Blanston

What I like about all this is that the HIP movement turns out to be a crusade against the Nazis and Illuminati. How cool is that?   >:D

8)

snyprrr

Quote from: jochanaan on November 18, 2014, 08:01:30 AM
No, it's not anywhere near a half-step.  That would be closer to Gurn's A415, which does sound at least a half-step flat to me.Interestingly, German and Austrian orchestras and piano tuners now tune mostly to A445...!Now my question is, A is only one note in a series of twelve, and all of the others are slightly off the "pure" Pythagorean ratios because of our equal temperament.  What about the other keys?  Actually, because of the tempered scales, the ratios would be slightly off even in the key of A...Nothing like that!  It's merely in the instrument construction.  Bowed strings have no frets and do not use the tempered scale, so they can be tuned precisely at any pitch; while in wind instruments, if you slide the one tuning slide, the proportions in the other notes are off.That's "unholy" rather than "holy." :oLOL As soon as one tried, some other musician would take those "evil" frequencies and make a subversive composition or improvisation that broke us free from whatever slavery the Evil Genius was trying to impose! ;DFrequency is always OF something.  By itself, "frequency" means nothing without an object being "frequented."As far as I have been able to tell, there is no "absolute" frequency of sound waves that does anything in particular.  It's all in the way tones, harmonics etc. relate to each other.

last two comments about WHAT is being frequented... yes,... mm,...

It SEEMS to get very complex very quick (irreducible complexity),- and am I being vain in that I want to assume an overriding simplicity to it all ("oh, THAT was obvious... not!!")?

And, yes, all these theoretical things look great on paper, but when I hear an equal-temperament guitar playing, it still sounds like jangle jangle no matter what's being played- and what's being played is always "open"- it doesn't seem we will be experiencing Mahler-like key changes in "Perfect Music"??? Mahler = Devil's Music????

La Monte Young vs Stockhausen????????

Why do I hear a sitar playing all of a sudden???hahah trippy man

Quote from: Gurn Blanston on November 18, 2014, 08:13:40 AM
What I like about all this is that the HIP movement turns out to be a crusade against the Nazis and Illuminati. How cool is that?   >:D

8)

that IS!!

Remember, when He comes back, He will defeat his enemies with a SHOUT!!- perfectly tuned, no doubt, and at the right volume!!

I wonder if we did a musical evaluation of the Hebrew trans on "Peace Be Still".

tantalizing!!!!

jochanaan

Quote from: snyprrr on November 20, 2014, 06:45:27 AM
...when I hear an equal-temperament guitar playing, it still sounds like jangle jangle no matter what's being played- and what's being played is always "open"...
I've never yet come across a guitar that plays perfectly in tune (even in a perfectly tempered tuning) even if all six open strings are tuned perfectly.  The tension differential between the strings is always a problem.  They've tried movable bridges, angled bridges, individual bridges for each string--and still it's never quite there.

North Star

Quote from: jochanaan on November 21, 2014, 09:13:27 AM
I've never yet come across a guitar that plays perfectly in tune (even in a perfectly tempered tuning) even if all six open strings are tuned perfectly.  The tension differential between the strings is always a problem.  They've tried movable bridges, angled bridges, individual bridges for each string--and still it's never quite there.
Not to mention those frets that are all curved.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr