Previous topic - Next topic

You can only choose one option.

Cheddar
13 (31.7%)
Brie
11 (26.8%)
Blue
10 (24.4%)
I'm a filthy heathen and thus dislike cheese (and/or lactose intolerant)
7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

jochanaan

Emmentaler Swiss.  Fell in love with the Swiss cheeses on my first trip to Europe.  Oh, and I'm very fond of Camembert.  Jarlsberg is good too, and smoked Gouda. :D
Imagination + discipline = creativity

Ken B

Quote from: jochanaan on December 30, 2014, 07:21:29 PM
Emmentaler Swiss.  Fell in love with the Swiss cheeses on my first trip to Europe.  Oh, and I'm very fond of Camembert.  Jarlsberg is good too, and smoked Gouda. :D

One of the best uses of gouda is trapping caraway seeds. Caraway seeds are evil, and I like to do my bit by masticating them into paste, which is easier when they are trapped in gouda. But I will also happily destroy them in bread, sauces, wherever they lurk.

RebLem

I love blue, or bleu or Roquefort cheese in salads, or, more often, as a side to a salad so I can select the right amount yo go with each bite.  But I chose cheddar as my overall favorite because I use it for so many things.  As a topping for a cracker, along with a cheese spread, as a omelet ingredient, or on homemade cheeseburgers, or even as an addition to a boxed macaroni and cheese dinner.  I  hate brie.
"Don't drink and drive; you might spill it."--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father.

aligreto

Quote from: Todd on December 23, 2014, 05:27:21 PM

Whoa!  Try some Irish cheddar.  (I know, that seems a bit odd, but trust me.)  ....

This is true! There is some great cheddar made in Ireland.

We also have a wonderful blue [my wife's favourite cheese]....