Author Topic: Post your dreams  (Read 99149 times)

Offline greg

• Veteran member
Re: Post your dreams
« Reply #640 on: September 24, 2020, 05:11:00 AM »
Dreamed that I went to this restaurant which was having a concert for the band Rings of Saturn.

At first, people in the back were complaining the bathroom wasn't working. Then, after the performance was over, we went around the stage to the area behind it, which is where we could order the food.

Lucas Mann (lead guitarist of the band) had his own signature pizza, so I ordered some slices for my friend. The were super expensive (like $40 for a few slices), but at least they were huge pieces. When the guy served them to us, one of the pieces had cheese burnt down the middle of the slice. Lucas, being discerning about quality control, took a knife and scraped off the burnt section in the middle for us.

Then we sat down to eat. Some of the tastiest pizza I've had. The crust had a smoky sort of flavor to it. I was thinking it was so much better than some of the frozen pizza I get where the crust is mushy (actually try to avoid buying those, they're gross).

So then I had the idea of talking more with Lucas, and wanted to tell him that one of the guitars he had for sale a while ago was the coolest design I've seen on a guitar... but the dream sort of ended there...
Wagie wagie get back in the cagie

Offline Wendell_E

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    mostly opera and chamber music
« Reply #641 on: September 28, 2020, 02:00:27 AM »
I rarely remember my dreams, but I do recall bits of this one from last week: I was in a voting line inside a building. Don't remember many details from that part, but after I left the building, I heard the voice of a former co-worker (he was sick and quit last December, and died of brain cancer in March) over an intercom saying "Wendell, call 911, there's a fire in here!" Talking to myself, I said, "What, no-one who's actually in the building has a phone?". A lady who was also in the crowd, our accountant who only comes in once a month, turns around and says "I know, right?"

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #642 on: October 14, 2020, 07:30:41 AM »
Dreamed of being in Russia, was at some people's house for a bit and decided to walk around in the neighborhood.

Mostly I was trying to compare the different style of a Russian suburb compared to where I'm from, it was magical, just random curiosity I didn't know I had until dreaming... 0:)

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #643 on: October 16, 2020, 06:55:37 AM »
Dreamed of being in a house that had both Belle Delphine and Elon Musk in it.

Did very little talking to them and waking up really really sucked. They are probably the two most interesting people I can think of, could just talk to them for hours.

I think it's the first time I dreamed about Belle? But for Elon, it's at least the 5th time...

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #644 on: October 20, 2020, 06:20:30 AM »
Dreamed of owning a killer whale, petting its smooth blubber and trying to understand how those weird eyes worked.

Those animals seem to be really positive dream signs.

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #645 on: October 25, 2020, 09:09:42 AM »
Dreamed about hearing an orchestra play something by Debussy live, and then after about 20 seconds, the audience started clapping loudly, so the orchestra just completely stopped. They wanted to start over while letting the audience know that it isn't okay to clap so loudly before it's over.

Wondering if that has ever happened before.  :P

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #646 on: October 27, 2020, 07:06:25 AM »
Dreamed of being in a house that had both Belle Delphine and Elon Musk in it.

Did very little talking to them and waking up really really sucked. They are probably the two most interesting people I can think of, could just talk to them for hours.

I think it's the first time I dreamed about Belle? But for Elon, it's at least the 5th time...
I'm starting to feel like these two people are highly archetypal to me...

To start with, what they both relate to each other is that they are both doing what they want to do. So that is the glue.

The difference is their approach- Elon being an overachieving madman and Belle being a hedonistic crackpot weirdo.

Basically, they represent my life- Elon by day, Belle by night....  Working on my work work and also my album by day, playing video games and thinking weird stuff at night.

That split is something I've noticed a lot, and why the trait of conscientiousness is the most elusive to understand (unlike introversion and openness to experience), because I'm both of these people at the same time- 100% conscientiousness Elon and 0% conscientiousness Belle.

edit:
also, just another thought, but I kinda feel like Kanye West is a third archetype that is like a merger of Elon and Belle, crackpot yet successful businessman.

Idk how he mixes the two, though, it's only easy to separate them IMO.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 07:21:41 AM by greg »

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #647 on: November 01, 2020, 09:15:40 AM »
Dreamed I was living (moved to) a new apartment which was a little bit off from the where other people were, so as a result it was very quiet and there was no noise coming from outside. Also, it had a big kitchen and an extra room.

Gee, I wonder what that could mean.  ::)

Offline steve ridgway

• Veteran member
  • Harrison Birtwistle (1934-)
    1960s/70s avant-garde & electroacoustic
« Reply #648 on: November 18, 2020, 09:13:35 AM »
Dreamed that I went to this restaurant which was having a concert for the band Rings of Saturn.

Oh that would be fun! I’ve downloaded a couple of their albums from archive.org recently - death metal madness. >:D

Offline greg

• Veteran member
« Reply #649 on: November 18, 2020, 12:42:16 PM »
Oh that would be fun! I’ve downloaded a couple of their albums from archive.org recently - death metal madness. >:D
Indeed.
I also got their newest album, Gidim, with the signed physical copy, though the signature is just a little squiggle.  :P
And have been wanting to learn how to play some of their songs now that they've released official guitar tabs.

Offline steve ridgway

• Veteran member
  • Harrison Birtwistle (1934-)
    1960s/70s avant-garde & electroacoustic
« Reply #650 on: November 20, 2020, 10:46:52 PM »
I didn’t realise they were popular, just stumbled across them at random.