Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

geralmar

Madiel

We've been discussing it enough elsewhere. I was designing better things on my ZX Spectrum in the 1980s.

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Biffo

Quote from: Madiel on June 19, 2020, 05:07:07 AM
We've been discussing it enough elsewhere. I was designing better things on my ZX Spectrum in the 1980s.

I think it is just mediocre and it doesn't bother me even slightly. I will be far more interested in the music, just hope it can be downloaded and then I won't look at the cover ever again.

Madiel

Quote from: Biffo on June 19, 2020, 05:16:43 AM
I think it is just mediocre and it doesn't bother me even slightly. I will be far more interested in the music, just hope it can be downloaded and then I won't look at the cover ever again.

It's already available for purchase as a download, to be added to streaming services next month.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Biffo

Quote from: Madiel on June 19, 2020, 05:23:25 AM
It's already available for purchase as a download, to be added to streaming services next month.

Thanks for the tip.

TheGSMoeller

Madiel

Boring, but hardly terrible.

Peter Power Pop

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: Madiel on June 22, 2020, 07:16:00 PM

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 22, 2020, 08:28:07 PM
It's just a scruffy young'un. Nothing gruesome.

yes nothing terrible, or gruesome, just made me chuckle as I've never seen Yannick like this before.

pjme

That's an old photo.
More recently:

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on June 23, 2020, 10:45:24 AM
yes nothing terrible, or gruesome, just made me chuckle as I've never seen Yannick like this before.

No problem.

Carlo Gesualdo

The worst album sleeve Live Skull e.p raise the manifestation it's hideous, please  avoid looking at it, by the way there is a new Live Skull used to like there bleakness a lot now they seem to have lost this  element into indie rock mainstream, perhaps I will have to listen to it again.. But let stay in subject worst artwork death-doom act Castle the band is good fairly so but the sleeve ishe oh my god here are image that testified how awful it is both album, get a bucket before, you might puke this is so drab orange and brow.So I warn  the fainted hearts don't look at it too long. ???

71 dB

Quote from: Madiel on June 22, 2020, 07:16:00 PM

It's terrible because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been done to make a boring photo look more interesting/better. The rules of how to use the laundry room of an apartment building can have this level of "non-design", but I'm sure a lot of laundry room rules look better than this cover "art."
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: 71 dB on June 30, 2020, 02:42:50 PM
It's terrible because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been done to make a boring photo look more interesting/better. The rules of how to use the laundry room of an apartment building can have this level of "non-design", but I'm sure a lot of laundry room rules look better than this cover "art."

One laundry room I frequented had a poster that said:

"Be Alert – Your Country Needs Lerts"

71 dB

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on June 30, 2020, 02:44:35 PM
One laundry room I frequented had a poster that said:

"Be Alert – Your Country Needs Lerts"

Actually your laundry room need "museds" - hence the poster.  ;)
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Madiel

Quote from: 71 dB on June 30, 2020, 02:42:50 PM
It's terrible because ABSOLUTELY NOTHING has been done to make a boring photo look more interesting/better.

Ah well, if you think "boring" is a sufficiently terrible crime, so be it. Personally I think there are plenty of examples on this thread of bad being worse than boring.

geralmar