Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGSMoeller

Found on Amazon. Interesting choice for a cover for Purcell's Dido & Aeneas, must've been a grind to come up with this one...

[asin]B002QXI2N6[/asin]

André

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on July 29, 2020, 04:54:55 AM
Found on Amazon. Interesting choice for a cover for Purcell's Dido & Aaneas, must've been a grind to come up with this one...

[asin]B002QXI2N6[/asin]

Someone must have thought it was Purcell's Dildo and Anus... :laugh:

SonicMan46

Quote from: André on July 29, 2020, 07:37:41 AM
Someone must have thought it was Purcell's Dildo and Anus... :laugh:

LOL!  :laugh:  Good one André - Dave :)

Madiel

A demonstration of the incompetence of Amazon, not of the production company.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

steve ridgway

Quote from: Madiel on July 29, 2020, 11:08:18 PM
A demonstration of the incompetence of Amazon, not of the production company.

Not to mention that without signing in to Amazon UK, so they don't even give you the chance to lie about being over 18, and search on dildo and anus it shows the 723 results without the slightest warning :o.

KevinP

The issue isn't the cover...

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: KevinP on August 11, 2020, 07:11:51 AM

Wow. Someone should really rectumfy that spelling mistake.

steve ridgway

Quote from: KevinP on August 11, 2020, 07:11:51 AM

The 2020 spell checker now considers Alan a mistake :-[.

71 dB

Quote from: steve ridgway on August 11, 2020, 08:56:59 PM
The 2020 spell checker now considers Alan a mistake :-[.

Spell checker 2020: That name doesn't exist, amen!
What does the same spell checker think about Respighi's "Pines of Rome":-\
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

steve ridgway

Quote from: 71 dB on August 12, 2020, 04:46:31 AM
Spell checker 2020: That name doesn't exist, amen!
What does the same spell checker think about Respighi's "Pines of Rome":-\

LOL to quote Shakepeare The penis mightier than the sword :o.

Irons

Seemed a good idea at the time! After removing my entire LP collection and painting the shelving I am in the process of putting them back. Coming across this which I thought a pretty rubbish cover - something about the boy .....
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Papy Oli

- Same as last time, remember ? you do crowd control, I'll handle of the ushers...
- ok...I love you Ludwig...
- I love you Honeybunny...
- Everybody be cool, this is a sonata !!!
- Any of you effin' dare move and I'll execute every mother effin' last of ya !

Olivier

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Papy Oli on October 13, 2020, 08:14:18 AM
- Same as last time, remember ? you do crowd control, I'll handle of the ushers...

I'm getting two distinctly contradictory (but weirdly complementary) vibes with that photo:

I'm seeing both Sigourney Weaver and Brian May.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Papy Oli on October 13, 2020, 08:14:18 AM

I suspect that the photographer said something like:  "I want you to give me a really intense look...no, more!!"

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on October 13, 2020, 02:10:45 PM
I'm getting two distinctly contradictory (but weirdly complementary) vibes with that photo:

I'm seeing both Sigourney Weaver and Brian May.
Peter,

Pardon, but that comes across as being rather rude and unkind....and not funny in my book anyway.

Best wishes,

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on October 13, 2020, 02:22:25 PM
Peter,

Pardon, but that comes across as being rather rude and unkind....and not funny in my book anyway.

Best wishes,

PD

I didn't mean my comment to be uncomplimentary (or funny) in any way. It was just my first thought after seeing all that permed hair. I know of exactly two celebrities with hair like that (i.e., SW and BM).

Sigourney:

Brian:

Lorraine:

T. D.

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on October 13, 2020, 02:35:25 PM
I didn't mean my comment to be uncomplimentary (or funny) in any way. It was just my first thought after seeing all that permed hair. I know of exactly two celebrities with hair like that (i.e., SW and BM)....

Not a huge Queen fan, but I was stunned (and pleased) to find out last year that Brian May became an astrophysicist!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/queen-guitarist-brian-may-is-also-an-astrophysicist.html

Came across this jazz (fusion) cover today. Not sure it contends for worst looking, but it struck me as unpleasant, something I'd keep well out of sight (especially LP) if in my collection (thank goodness it's not):

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: T. D. on October 13, 2020, 06:01:15 PM
Not a huge Queen fan, but I was stunned (and pleased) to find out last year that Brian May became an astrophysicist!

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/04/queen-guitarist-brian-may-is-also-an-astrophysicist.html

Fabulous.

Quote from: T. D. on October 13, 2020, 06:01:15 PMCame across this jazz (fusion) cover today. Not sure it contends for worst looking, but it struck me as unpleasant, something I'd keep well out of sight (especially LP) if in my collection (thank goodness it's not):

Yuck.

Scion7

Are you crazed?  That's a great cover - won an award in Guitar Player magazine.  Akkerman used to be great - then disappeared.  Oh, well.
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

Scion7

QuoteWeaver ... May

Yes, but I think a Judy Davis/Brian May thing might be more in order!  ;D
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."