Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: Ken B on October 01, 2019, 04:05:32 PM

Huh? Isn't that Andrei?

That picture appeared at the start of this video obituary for Nikolaus:

https://youtu.be/m4y8ia6WGwE

Todd

Spotted at Amazon and on the MPIMOD Facebook page. 
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

Peter Power Pop

Peter Power Pop

KevinP

Classical music for babies is too easy a target for this thread, but this one is exceptionally bad.

André

It may have appeared here before (apologies if that's the case  :D)...

JBS

Quote from: KevinP on December 29, 2019, 03:08:38 PM

Classical music for babies is too easy a target for this thread, but this one is exceptionally bad.

Especially because of what it implies as the anatomical source of Bach's music!

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Tsaraslondon

Not sure what this is all about.
\"A beautiful voice is not enough.\" Maria Callas

ritter

Tsaraslondon

Ah yes, of course! Now I see the pic of Fauré I get it. Presumably meant to be humorous.
\"A beautiful voice is not enough.\" Maria Callas

Carlo Gesualdo

Don't know for classical album that look so bad, terrible sleeve are into metal genre and Hard-rock, here few I.e Castle form The Netherlands a fine doom-metal album , but the sleeve look design like a 6 years old drawing it's that terrible, what up whit the orange and brown, it's horrible.

What about Live Skull ''pusherman ep LP'' yuck, the drawing is a painting this is so bad, event I would made something better.

What about controversial sleeve , or sleeve that are not of good taste, I heard Scorpion(Germany) had a 13 yrs model naked, this is so wrong, It's a good thing I don't like Scorpion, I had anecdote of fan, that would hesitate buying this, even if die-hard fan.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Carlo Gesualdo on January 10, 2020, 06:25:50 AM
Don't know for classical album that look so bad, terrible sleeve are into metal genre and Hard-rock, here few I.e Castle form The Netherlands a fine doom-metal album , but the sleeve look design like a 6 years old drawing it's that terrible, what up whit the orange and brown, it's horrible.

What about Live Skull ''pusherman ep LP'' yuck, the drawing is a painting this is so bad, event I would made something better.

What about controversial sleeve , or sleeve that are not of good taste, I heard Scorpion(Germany) had a 13 yrs model naked, this is so wrong, It's a good thing I don't like Scorpion, I had anecdote of fan, that would hesitate buying this, even if die-hard fan.

Scorpions are well known for their sleeves :o.

steve ridgway

Looking through the Chandos Naxos download sale I came across these disgusting efforts. Yes fair enough they include Penderecki, Schnittke, Ligeti and Crumb - but Beethoven, Bach, Mozart and Schubert? ???.

vandermolen

I can hardly think of a less appropriate cover image for either symphony:

The same goes for the ghastly 'chocolate box' image for symphonies 3 and 4:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Brian

Not really worst, but I suspect that these covers are the exact same image, but reversed and altered in Photoshop. I suspect the culprit is the Scandinavian one - that they've applied various effects and also removed the fence. Anybody have thoughts?

Roasted Swan

Quote from: ritter on January 10, 2020, 05:20:03 AM
I suppose it's about this:

;)

and in the spirit of "any publicity is good publicity" a disc is being discussed that otherwise might not have been........?!

steve ridgway

Quote from: Brian on January 17, 2020, 06:10:34 AM
Not really worst, but I suspect that these covers are the exact same image, but reversed and altered in Photoshop. I suspect the culprit is the Scandinavian one - that they've applied various effects and also removed the fence. Anybody have thoughts?

The leaning trees and shadows certainly look the same. The Scandinavian one has blurring where the other doesn't and you couldn't unblur an image so this seems to be the copy.

Ratliff

Quote from: Brian on January 17, 2020, 06:10:34 AM

They use the same source of stock photos.

JBS

Quote from: 2dogs on January 17, 2020, 07:00:39 AM
The leaning trees and shadows certainly look the same. The Scandinavian one has blurring where the other doesn't and you couldn't unblur an image so this seems to be the copy.

The long horizontal tree trunk with the straight vertical poles (fencing?) In the Pittsburgh picture is bare of earth and grass. In the Scandinavian picture there are no vertical poles and part of the log is buried under grass and earth, and the earth in the foreground is much greener. So if it is the same picture it's been heavily photoshopped. Would it be harder to edit out poles that are in the original, or add in poles that were not in the original?

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk