Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pjme

Peter Power Pop

Brian

Madiel

I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

steve ridgway

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on December 01, 2020, 12:59:02 PM
I like it!  ;D

If that was my house I'd leave the cat there for the time being, would just take the sign away.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: steve ridgway on December 02, 2020, 07:37:42 AM
If that was my house I'd leave the cat there for the time being, would just take the sign away.
Agreed.  :)  Wonder where that photo was taken?  Maybe on Lanai?  https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/lanai-cat-sanctuary

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Scion7

Supraphon/20th trying to be "hip" and "now" for the Sixties ........
              ...... and yet .........
                       ......... I sort of like it.   :P
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

steve ridgway

Quote from: Scion7 on December 05, 2020, 05:04:38 AM

...... and yet .........

Yeah a definite Yellow Submarine vibe going on there. But you should never get on a motorbike wearing a ball gown. :o

Madiel

Quote from: Scion7 on December 05, 2020, 05:04:38 AM

...... and yet .........

Seems perfectly okay to me. Dated, yes, but bad?
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Jo498

I think it is a very nice and funny cover. Although I am clearly too young for the late 60s/70s design, I think it was great that Classical music could be such an integral part of culture that they would adopt a decidedly popcultural cover aesthetic. It might not have helped but I don't think that it hurt either.
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

JBS

Nonesuch produced their covers consistently in that style.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Wendell_E

A friend posted this on Facebook. I'm not sure whether to put it in the "best" or "worst" thread:

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

Madiel

Quote from: Wendell_E on December 08, 2020, 02:10:02 AM
A friend posted this on Facebook. I'm not sure whether to put it in the "best" or "worst" thread:

Or potentially in the "fake" thread. Many of these sorts of things aren't genuine.

Biffo

Quote from: Wendell_E on December 08, 2020, 02:10:02 AM

Are they Cone-heads wearing wigs?

Jo498

It's almost certainly a fake, but the three ladies seem genuine; with some effort one could find the cover they stem from as they are remarkable enough for a collection of genuine weird covers.

(I was very puzzled that the humanoid Martians of E.R. Burroughs despite looking like and being able to interbreed with terrestrian humans, hatch from eggs...)
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

steve ridgway

Quote from: Madiel on December 08, 2020, 02:18:42 AM
Or potentially in the "fake" thread. Many of these sorts of things aren't genuine.

I'm a bit suspicious of some of those titles Matron. ;)

Peter Power Pop

These modern "Hey, how can we get the artist to pose in a different way?" album covers give me the heebie jeebies.

It looks like he's been put in the naughty corner.

T. D.

This is a jazz album I enjoy listening to and consider excellent, but the fugly cover art makes me avert my eyes.

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: T. D. on December 08, 2020, 01:35:22 PM

This is a jazz album I enjoy listening to and consider excellent, but the fugly cover art makes me avert my eyes.
I just did a bit of googling:  neat to find out that Alice (Mrs. Coltrane) was also a jazz artist/composer.  What instrument(s) did she play?  And did she write much music?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter