Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

Quote from: geralmar on January 21, 2021, 06:36:07 PM

She looks ill... .

Or like she plays the piano to chill out for a while in between doing more exciting things. >:D

pjme

"....more exciting things...": piano inferno!

Be prepared: http://www.ninakavtaradze.com/lioness_of_the_piano.htm

steve ridgway

Quote from: pjme on January 22, 2021, 08:36:40 AM

"....more exciting things...": piano inferno!

Be prepared: http://www.ninakavtaradze.com/lioness_of_the_piano.htm

Is that a Roger Moore as James Bond poster?

Madiel

Clearly, for the purposes of this thread she's a serial offender.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

SimonNZ

Huh. My first thought is that it was the comic sans font that was offensive.

Madiel

Quote from: SimonNZ on January 22, 2021, 04:38:51 PM
Huh. My first thought is that it was the comic sans font that was offensive.

We don't have to find only one thing.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

pjme

??? The culprit turns out to be a Stefan Blöndal, mr. Kavtaradze.....
http://www.stefanblondal.com/

He surely is a legitimate heir to Bragolin and co.:
Bruno Amadio, popularly known as Bragolin, the creator of the Crying Boys.

or any other saucy gypsies and horse mane-hair girls:

steve ridgway

Irons

You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

Biffo

Quote from: geralmar on January 27, 2021, 03:28:22 PM

I purchased the Haitink/LSO cycle individually as they were released. I can't say that I even noticed the covers - I had to go check I had the same issue as the ones above.  As I have said before, for me, the cover is the least important part of an album.

71 dB

Quote from: Irons on February 03, 2021, 12:42:51 AM
Someone got paid for coming up with those!

Someone who is mainly paid to design adds for cosmetics brands.  ;D
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

DavidW

Haitink is one of my favorite cycles.  I only owned them digitally and never noticed the artwork.

Brian

I thought those covers were fine/nice. The LSO house label likes close-ups of textures; I think they have some Rachmaninov with snakeskin and leather.

Brian

Benji

Quote from: Brian on February 03, 2021, 01:30:59 PM
This on the other hand...

Comic sans needs to be banned for anything except kids birthday invitations. It looks so unprofessional in any other context. 😂 This particular cover looks like a wind up that someone got approved accidentally or it was the head of marketing's last day on the job 🤷‍♂️

DavidW

Funny enough comic sans was used by Fermi Lab in their announcement about the Higgs boson!  Which is one of the greatest discoveries in Physics.

Benji

Quote from: DavidW on February 03, 2021, 03:44:46 PM
Funny enough comic sans was used by Fermi Lab in their announcement about the Higgs boson!  Which is one of the greatest discoveries in Physics.

The bastards 😂

That is quite funny though...

Brian

I was just imagining what some other famous album covers would look like if you put MUSIC! on them in Comic Sans. That's my favorite part of that cover. Like, "hey, I wonder what's on this, I wish there was a very clear label saying if this is music or not."  ;D

Irons

Quote from: Biffo on February 03, 2021, 02:36:11 AM
I purchased the Haitink/LSO cycle individually as they were released. I can't say that I even noticed the covers - I had to go check I had the same issue as the ones above.  As I have said before, for me, the cover is the least important part of an album.

Less so CD I grant you but for LP cover art is immensely important.
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.