Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Agreed...scary!

Interestingly enough when I googled hobgoblin, I read that they were initially considered to be helpful spirits...helping with household chores during the night while the humans slept.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

VonStupp

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on June 03, 2021, 04:10:38 AM
Agreed...scary!

Interestingly enough when I googled hobgoblin, I read that they were initially considered to be helpful spirits...helping with household chores during the night while the humans slept.

PD

Ahhh! Now I definitely won't sleep tonight, although I could use help around the house!

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: VonStupp on June 03, 2021, 04:48:13 AM
Ahhh! Now I definitely won't sleep tonight, although I could use help around the house!

Try picturing sweet little Dobbie instead (from Harry Potter).  ;)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

SimonNZ

I think it's very cruel the way you're all mocking conductor Howard Hanson's appearance.

Iota

Quote from: VonStupp on June 02, 2021, 02:35:01 PM

Does anyone else find this terrifying?

Certainly uncomfortable! Seems like a prototype for various particularly disturbing incarnations of The Joker (Jack Nicholson, Joaquin Phoenix, Heath Ledger, e.g)

Jo498

The last two are spooky pictures but decent to good (i.e. "catchy") covers, I'd say. I have another one from this Everett series but I there are slight variants of the cover, so I am not sure if any was the original LP.

asin:B01K8OAL74

direct graphic link didn't work. It's Villa Lobos + Ginastera
Tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre.
- Blaise Pascal

André

Quote from: Jo498 on June 08, 2021, 04:04:42 AM
The last two are spooky pictures but decent to good (i.e. "catchy") covers, I'd say. I have another one from this Everett series but I there are slight variants of the cover, so I am not sure if any was the original LP.

asin:B01K8OAL74

direct graphic link didn't work. It's Villa Lobos + Ginastera

Madiel

Quote from: geralmar on June 07, 2021, 09:30:54 PM
Little brother of the Chadwick?

Australian composer (who I don't actually know), Australian work... and an image that frankly doesn't look like an indigenous Australian to me.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

André

I have Corroboree in this version:

The cover art is certainly more...mainstream, let's say.

André

Not 'worst looking', but 'most clueless'. This bootleg release features an opera performance that took place at the Met, NY and its story is set in ancient China. So why the roman Colosseum ?  ???

JBS

Quote from: André on June 09, 2021, 09:08:15 AM

Not 'worst looking', but 'most clueless'. This bootleg release features an opera performance that took place at the Met, NY and its story is set in ancient China. So why the roman Colosseum ?  ???

My guess is that the Nessun Dorma blurb = Three Tenors in Rome and who would notice the difference between the Baths of Caracalla and the Colosseum?

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

MusicTurner

Actually, it's the Arena in Verona.

But does that in any way clear up the matter?

Madiel

Quote from: André on June 09, 2021, 09:08:15 AM

Clueless? You've mentioned the location of the performance and the setting of the story, but not the composer or the language he composed the opera in.

Seriously, I'm looking at all of you and thinking: how can they be that puzzled by an Italian cover for an album of music by a guy named Giacomo Puccini? It's an Italian opera, people.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

steve ridgway

Dear oh dear but this is what happens when you're big enough to suffer from "unofficial releases". :'(

VonStupp

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 12, 2021, 09:05:38 AM
Dear oh dear but this is what happens when you're big enough to suffer from "unofficial releases". :'(

Titillating!
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Madiel

steve ridgway

Quote from: Madiel on June 12, 2021, 11:39:27 PM
From Berlioz' LSD period.

Ugh, that one's a nightmare. Collecting releases of this piece could be quite disturbing. ???

steve ridgway

And a really trashy one including the Berlioz. Who would be impressed by seeing this in someone's collection? ::)

JBS

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 13, 2021, 05:08:55 AM
Ugh, that one's a nightmare. Collecting releases of this piece could be quite disturbing. ???

Fittingly, since the work's final movement is a musical depiction of a nightmare.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

steve ridgway

Quote from: JBS on June 13, 2021, 06:31:04 AM
Fittingly, since the work's final movement is a musical depiction of a nightmare.

Oh, that was rather congruous of me. :-[