Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve ridgway

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 13, 2021, 06:34:22 AM
Oh, that was rather congruous of me. :-[

Looks like the above was part of a series from DG. ::)

steve ridgway

MusicTurner

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 13, 2021, 06:34:22 AM
Oh, that was rather congruous of me. :-[

... that one is, dare I say it, bloody funny ...  :laugh:

Brian

Really it's the idea of Stockhausen hits that's much funnier than the actual (kinda nice) cover  ;D

MusicTurner

Well, what looks like a children's-drawing, alien- or insect-, conductor-like figure, trapped inside a light bulb, does perhaps hint at some very deep layers of meaning, but doesn't really succeed, IMHO. Now, there may be some 'electrifying' or 'Sirius-reminiscent' music making here, but still ... :laugh:

steve ridgway

Quote from: Brian on June 13, 2021, 07:23:29 AM
Really it's the idea of Stockhausen hits that's much funnier than the actual (kinda nice) cover  ;D

Precisely - who at DG thought this one up? :laugh:

Irons

Someone actually came up with this!
You must have a very good opinion of yourself to write a symphony - John Ireland.

I opened the door people rushed through and I was left holding the knob - Bo Diddley.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Irons on June 17, 2021, 07:52:56 AM
Someone actually came up with this!

Horrible - one can only hope people in 1963 Czechoslovakia had completely different aesthetic sensibilities. :(

André

Quote from: steve ridgway on June 17, 2021, 09:36:50 AM
Horrible - one can only hope people in 1963 Czechoslovakia had completely different aesthetic sensibilities. :(

The puppet on top is straight out of an animated film by Jiri Trnka.  They were a big cultural export back then in the Czech Republic, where puppetry is a traditional art. The other character though...  ::)

steve ridgway

This album by the London Philharmonic Orchestra must be astounding indeed - I can't imagine what "frequencies beyond the range of human hearing" would sound like. ???

steve ridgway

The lady on the right who brought her own bar stool in for the photo shoot is making damn sure it goes home with her again.

steve ridgway

"Harry" - if you don't plug any wires in it can't blow up. :-\

Florestan

Quote from: steve ridgway on July 12, 2021, 06:31:06 AM
The lady on the right who brought her own bar stool in for the photo shoot is making damn sure it goes home with her again.

How you find these Electrecord covers is beyond me, Steve.   ???
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

steve ridgway

Quote from: Florestan on July 12, 2021, 07:53:54 AM
How you find these Electrecord covers is beyond me, Steve.   ???

Honestly Andrei I haven't been looking in your record collection. :-X

Florestan

Quote from: steve ridgway on July 12, 2021, 07:59:59 AM
Honestly Andrei I haven't been looking in your record collection. :-X

You'd have looked in vain, I don't have any of the ones you posted.  :D
There is no theory. You have only to listen. Pleasure is the law. — Claude Debussy

steve ridgway

Quote from: Florestan on July 12, 2021, 08:13:28 AM
You'd have looked in vain, I don't have any of the ones you posted.  :D

Now you've given me the clue I'm searching Discogs for Electrecord to see what your country was like in the old days. :P

Florestan

Quote from: steve ridgway on July 12, 2021, 08:34:42 AM
Now you've given me the clue I'm searching Discogs for Electrecord to see what your country was like in the old days. :P

If you ask me, most things were worse yet there were a few that were better --- but I greatly prefer the here and now to the back then.

steve ridgway

Quote from: Florestan on July 12, 2021, 08:43:37 AM
If you ask me, most things were worse yet there were a few that were better --- but I greatly prefer the here and now to the back then.

True, the food here wasn't the best. :-X

71 dB

Quote from: steve ridgway on July 12, 2021, 06:47:47 AM
"Harry" - if you don't plug any wires in it can't blow up. :-\

I think my grandparents from my mother's side had this system. Sirtaki music was played on it, but because I was something like 10 years old I kind of liked the music.  ???  ;D
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

TheGSMoeller

We've seen this pose before, but based on the size of their heads their faces are definitely pressed against each other...

At least create some depth between the subjects...