Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: TheGSMoeller on July 13, 2021, 07:20:36 AM
We've seen this pose before, but based on the size of their heads their faces are definitely pressed against each other...

At least create some depth between the subjects...

Peter Power Pop

steve ridgway

Quote from: Peter Power Pop on July 14, 2021, 10:07:52 PM
Er...

(Details)

Yuck, sounds like something from a Classic FM best albums of the year list. :-X

MusicTurner

~updating the old concept into a more Hollywoodesque version, including with pseudo-historical horns on a so-called "Viking helmet", tattoos, and a leather skirt maybe from a dubious 1980s night club ...

André

Where did we see the viking helmet and tattoos recently ? Oh, right... ::) (far right actually).

VonStupp

A French cover of the Chailly recording I am listening to right now. What does this have to do with Shostakovich, his Jazz Suites, PC1, and/or Tahiti Trot (Tea for Two)? Yikes!

"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Peter Power Pop

Quote from: VonStupp on July 15, 2021, 03:23:27 PM
A French cover of the Chailly recording I am listening to right now. What does this have to do with Shostakovich, his Jazz Suites, PC1, and/or Tahiti Trot (Tea for Two)? Yikes!

In the words of Liz Lemon, "What the what???"

JBS

The reference to "musique du film" suggests whatever movie that shot is from used some of DSCH's music in its soundtrack.
But fortunately I have no idea of what movie it might be.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Madiel

It could well arise from throwing together Chailly's different Shostakovich albums, which included "The Jazz Album" and "The Film Album", and making a mess of it.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

André

It refers to a french insurance company (the CNP of the disc cover) publicity clip. Made by danish filmmaker Lars von Trier (palme d'or in Cannes for Breaking the Waves and multiple other awards - and controversies). It was shot in 1993 and set a trend in publicity clips. Its music was the waltz from Shostakovich's 2nd jazz suite. Ever since, the company has retained the tune as its musical theme. It's an earworm in France everybody knows.

JBS

Quote from: André on July 15, 2021, 06:29:06 PM
It refers to a french insurance company (the CNP of the disc cover) publicity clip. Made by danish filmmaker Lars von Trier (palme d'or in Cannes for Breaking the Waves and multiple other awards - and controversies). It was shot in 1993 and set a trend in publicity clips. Its music was the waltz from Shostakovich's 2nd jazz suite. Ever since, the company has retained the tune as its musical theme. It's an earworm in France everybody knows.

Merci.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Madiel

My sympathies to the French.  ;)
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Peter Power Pop

MusicTurner

Papy Oli

Quote from: JBS on July 15, 2021, 06:13:22 PM
The reference to "musique du film" suggests whatever movie that shot is from used some of DSCH's music in its soundtrack.
But fortunately I have no idea of what movie it might be.

The music was used in a famous French TV ad in 93 for a life insurance provider CNP, "the street of life" I only know of the first ad but there appears to have been a series. I assume that cd cover is from a subsequent ad.

See link with video of the first one: https://www.musiquedepub.tv/fiche/cnp-chostakovitch-dmitri-10-1993

Edit: beaten by André, missed his reply  0:)
Olivier

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: VonStupp on July 15, 2021, 03:23:27 PM

I can't see your image VS; all I see is one of those little blue boxes with the question mark inside of it.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Roasted Swan

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 16, 2021, 01:57:03 AM
I can't see your image VS; all I see is one of those little blue boxes with the question mark inside of it.

PD

Trust me - you DON'T want to see this image!! ???

VonStupp

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 16, 2021, 01:57:03 AM

PD

Here you go!

tinyurl.com/8w22cymp
"All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff."

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Roasted Swan on July 16, 2021, 02:20:50 AM
Trust me - you DON'T want to see this image!! ???
O.k., so if you really think that it's so offensive, then report it to the moderators...and, yes, if you think that it would be offensive to women and maybe  anyone else here... we're here to be for everyone!

Quote from: VonStupp on July 16, 2021, 09:22:26 AM
Here you go!l
And no, perhaps thankfully it didn't come up....but again, this site is supposed to be for everyone.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Brian

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 17, 2021, 04:22:35 PM
O.k., so if you really think that it's so offensive, then report it to the moderators...and, yes, if you think that it would be offensive to women and maybe  anyone else here... we're here to be for everyone!
And no, perhaps thankfully it didn't come up....but again, this site is supposed to be for everyone.

PD
Oh - it's not inappropriate - it's just very strange. It's a science fiction movie scene in a spaceship or something, and it's a medical ward with doctors and surgical equipment and a glowing woman holding a baby? Super weird but not adult.