Worst looking CD/LP artwork

Started by Maciek, April 12, 2007, 03:04:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biffo and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Madiel

Quote from: Florestan on February 14, 2022, 12:07:36 PM
I do wonder what sort of a Jew is a "tane Jew" (Tanejew).  :D

Does "tane" mean anything in English?

Afaik, "pula" is the Botswana currency, but go asking a Romanian what "pula" means...  ;D

I just meant sounds rather than words, but yeah, words that have completely different meanings in other languages is a whole big topic as well.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

JBS

Andre posted this in the Purchases thread.

I have to say the emphasis on his nose is..
something...

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

71 dB

Quote from: Florestan on February 14, 2022, 12:07:36 PM
Afaik, "pula" is the Botswana currency, but go asking a Romanian what "pula" means...  ;D

In Finnish "pula" means scarcity, shortage, lack of something...  :-\

I checked the meaning in Romanian.  :-\  :o
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

staxomega

Quote from: JBS on February 25, 2022, 12:15:50 PM
Andre posted this in the Purchases thread.

I have to say the emphasis on his nose is..
something...

What a snub to the conductor to not get a zoom in on his nose.

Scion7

May have been previously posted.
Two other covers were issued for this album on Supraphon that were more 'serious.'
When, a few months before his death, Rachmaninov lamented that he no longer had the "strength and fire" to compose, friends reminded him of the Symphonic Dances, so charged with fire and strength. "Yes," he admitted. "I don't know how that happened. That was probably my last flicker."

MusicTurner

Quote from: Iota on February 13, 2022, 07:53:52 AM
That's very weird indeed! It reminds me a bit of Jeff Bridges, if he'll pardon me for saying so ..

If it's meant to be Jupiter suffering the effects of runaway entropy, or perhaps the morning after one of Johnson's No.10 lockdown parties .. it seems entirely unfitting for the Mozart symphony. Though I imagine if Schnittke had written something with that name, it could have been an inspired choice.

:laugh:

DaveF

Have we had this one before?:

At least we know now that Haydn was descended from Oswald von Wolkenstein:

"All the world is birthday cake" - George Harrison

Brian

BIS is usually good and understated with covers, but...

JBS

Quote from: Brian on May 14, 2022, 07:17:05 PM
BIS is usually good and understated with covers, but...

I like it. It matches my opinion of the music. (I have yet to hear a recording of IL I want to hear again.)

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Madiel

That does seem like a very un-BIS cover. New hire, or work experience week?
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

steve ridgway

Naxos are trying to do something completely different from BIS here. Plus they've labelled the 3 CDs "Classical Heavy Metal", "Classical Death Metal" and "Classical Speed Metal". ::)

TheGSMoeller

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 18, 2022, 06:50:36 AM
Naxos are trying to do something completely different from BIS here. Plus they've labelled the 3 CDs "Classical Heavy Metal", "Classical Death Metal" and "Classical Speed Metal". ::)

Just found the track listing for this, Bach, J.S. Solo Violin Sonata No. 3 In C Major, Bwv 1005 – Allegro Assai is so dark.

foxandpeng

Quote from: steve ridgway on May 18, 2022, 06:50:36 AM

As a seasoned metalhead, this attempt by Naxos falls short for me. I get their purpose and applaud it, however, because there is something about extreme metal and classical music that 'fits'.
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

T. D.

Stepping away from the classical realm:

Duane Allman plays on this!

Brian

That reminds me of our old friend Andy  ;D Hope he's still JAH-min'.

Madiel

Quote from: George on June 07, 2022, 05:43:47 PM

Trying to understand from that cover what the contents might be like is... well, it's more trouble than it's worth.

71 dB

Quote from: geralmar on June 11, 2022, 05:07:30 PM
Not necessarily bad; but unusual for NAXOS:

That's "Venezuelan telenovela" art.  :P
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Brian

Wait, is that Naxos Spanish cover showing Kenneth Branagh??

Madiel

MusicTurner